Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Axe air leak

Garry Mcivor

Mac518
Oct 16, 2013
As the title says i have an axe and it has a massive air leak from the barrel??? Its just pissing out!!! Ive taken the bolt out cleaned any grease off and regreased all the orings but still it persists??? Hope someone can help? Many thanks. Garry

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
This happened to my brother in laws Axe when he hadn't used it for a while. I fixed it by resetting the solenoid. I did this with a fresh battery, marker turned on but no air connected. From the manual :

To reset the solenoid, with the eyes off, pull the trigger repeatedly until the solenoid makes a loud clicking sound again with each trigger pull, but do not pull the trigger more than 10 times, as this can damage the solenoid. If after 10 pulls the solenoid still doesn't click, it may need to be serviced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Sounds more like the poppet is not seated right.

To fix this wind the back cap all the way in till it stops (dont force anything) and count the number of turns in (i.e 3 1/2 turns)

then wind it back out the same number of turns. I would go and use a proper electronic chrono after this.

This will seat the poppet flush.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I`ve a feeling you`ve done in your solinoid if you can`t hear your clicks, or maybe your battery is duff, This is one gun I wouldn`t recommend firing with NO Balls going through, unless you have a Fluffy down the neck, as it throws out the settings, the bolt needs something to hit.

Garry Mcivor

Mac518
Oct 16, 2013
Think you might be right? Cant see anything else it could be and im not going near the solenoid!!

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
well just in case you`ve been into the gun, after taking the grips off, you`ll see the air tube , 2 x screws holding the top to the bottom, undo those, the whole thing should just separate, and what you can see very blatantly is the upper tube and the Solenoid, Unscrew the tube, then unscrew the silver barrel ( which happens to be the Solenoid ) but just as you do this = check to see if the connection is properly in place, I`m talking about the lead connector that just pushes in. use an allen key to push it in properly ??
before doing anything else , turn the gun on , and touch the part where the trigger touch or should I say where they connect and listen for that Clicking, if it is ?? there`s nothing wrong ??
If it doesn`t ?? then unscrew that round shiny cylinder and possibly borrow another from a friend that has an Axe ? ( don`t worry you can`t do any harm ) if it clicks ? you`ll know the problem.
have a look at the Solenoid after this and look to see if it`s all together as sometimes they come apart, this is usually because of firing the gun ABOVE 200psi.
If you need another ? Just Paintball ( Top of the page ) sell them for peanuts.
Please check your battery and don`t use anything else other than a Durracell Battery as these give out 9.2 , all the others around 8.6.
sometimes buying a brand new one can be low charged, Check out a Pound shop around you to buy a Battery Tester = £1 then when you buy a Battery you`ll be able to buy the best on the shelf Ha Ha Ha, I laugh but it works !!