Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Axe leak when airing up

Oct 8, 2011
Hertfordshire
As of a few weeks ago my Axe started to leak profusely whenever I air it. After opening up the grip I found that it leaked from the top of the frame, so around the solenoid and the top of the transfer tube.

A teammate told me it was the solenoid that had gone so at the time that was that, until I got it home, decided to air it up just to see what happens. Lo and behold it worked!, so I put a hopper through it and thought happy days!, that is until I got to site a few days after, got all chronoed up and ready to start, game - PSSSSSSSSS and back to square one, this has happened a few times since, it leaks at site but as soon as I get home it's good to go again.

I've tried tightening the reg and transfer tube (not too tight however), I've replaced and lubed the O-ring where the transfer tube connects to the reg and where the male and female tubes connect. I'm gonna take it down to site tomorrow and speak to a few people, but I was just wondering if anybody on here had the same problems or any solutions.

Do I just have an axe with stage-fright?

arsnova

"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Feb 8, 2014
Porto-Portugal
First of all use always a good,fresh batery; if the leak continues try to relube all the orings.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Think he hit the nail on the head, low battery on axes and tms etc let air leak through as solenoid doesn't hold fully. If that doesn't work check the poppet seal and oring

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Try changing the top male air transfer tube oring, that's not far off the height of the top right grip screw

Reactions: Bolter
Oct 8, 2011
Hertfordshire
The ASA is nice and snug, transfer tube looks ok both inside and out and as far as re seating the poppet and changing the male tube o-ring; I don't have the size to hand so gonna have to order that in and I'm unsure on how to reseat the poppet I'm afraid and searches don't seem to produce anything.

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
The ASA is nice and snug, transfer tube looks ok both inside and out and as far as re seating the poppet and changing the male tube o-ring; I don't have the size to hand so gonna have to order that in and I'm unsure on how to reseat the poppet I'm afraid and searches don't seem to produce anything.

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated :)
to re seat the poppet, simply wind the back cap in all the way till it stops (but dont force it) counting the number of turns. The just wind it out the same number of turns, but check with a chrono before you shoot at anyone.

But Id say it isnt that if its leaking from the grip.

Oct 8, 2011
Hertfordshire
After re-seating the poppet we're still leaking, however a new development, flipping the switch just past the point where the leak begins and getting it about half way produces a very high pitched noise?

The bolt seats and the reg gauge starts to fill, once it gets to 100psi then the high pitched noise lets loose

(I have recorded a video if it helps at all)

Last edited: