Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

axe leak

IONfire

Mar 6, 2006
Visit site
got a friends axe that is leaking from the front of the bolt, has a boss bolt but all orings look fine, have even tried the stock bolt but still leaks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
got a friends axe that is leaking from the front of the bolt, has a boss bolt but all orings look fine, have even tried the stock bolt but still leaks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
long shot but try wiping off all old lube and putting on fresh lube it might work

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
First port of call, decent quality fresh battery and plenty of air ?

Then try resetting the solenoid, de-gas and give it a good 10-20 trigger pulls with eyes off.

Next step, de-gassed remove the drive train from the back. Undo the velocity adjuster until it comes out of the bolt guide, take care not to lose the poppet spring, take out the poppet using an Allen key to gently push it through from the bolt guide end. Clean off old lube, apply a tiny amount to the white poppet face, a little to the poppet body o-ring and a little to the poppet body itself. Check any o-rings you come across while doing this for nicks, damage or wear and replace if needed. Re-lube the drive train ( don't go nuts) and you should be golden :)

IONfire

Mar 6, 2006
Visit site
ok will give that a try, ive also noticed that the solenoid doesnt sounds for first few shots so doesnt shoot till after about 15 triggers pulls

tombut716

Team Proteus Founder & UKPSF Member #5993
May 13, 2013
Cheshire
ive got a similar problem, noticed a very slight leak coming out of the feed neck when i had no hopper on. Taken the whole thing apart and cant find anything wrong. I also have a boss bolt but only used about 3k shots on it. ill give the poppet a clean and relube and see if that does it.

tombut716

May 13, 2013
Cheshire
Did as what @MeDiC instructed and replaced the o ring on the poppet. On first airing up, it seem to have fixed it but after a few shots the problem returned. Could it be the poppet face? or i have seen a post @Care_Bears did about an o ring at the top of the air transfer tube cuasing air loss, could this lead to a slight leak.(im thinking not)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Did as what @MeDiC instructed and replaced the o ring on the poppet. On first airing up, it seem to have fixed it but after a few shots the problem returned. Could it be the poppet face? or i have seen a post @Care_Bears did about an o ring at the top of the air transfer tube cuasing air loss, could this lead to a slight leak.(im thinking not)
How long since you changed the orings? Even 10% wear can cause slight issues. Im not saying it is an oring, its impossible for me to tell, just giving you another angle of attack.

tombut716

May 13, 2013
Cheshire
this is the first time any major maintenance will be done, so will replace a whole load, think it may be the popper face, any ideas on how to get it off?

tombut716

May 13, 2013
Cheshire
fixed!! Found the front bolt guide o ring with a little nick in it after close inspection. Replaced a few other bits and now no leak!

How often should all o rings be replaced, or is it just a case of changing them 1 by 1 over time

Reactions: Bolter