Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ayrshire Guy Starting Paintball :D

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Afternoon folks,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

My name is Jamie, and I'm 27 years old. I live in Scotland (North Ayrshire to be exact).
I go paintballing at least 3 times a year for birthdays, and work events and thought why not just buy my own kit and find a good site for walk-ons. So here I am. I have found a site for my walk-on that only an hour away (that's the closest to me) and I have my first walk-on this Sunday. I'm so excited to start doing this on a monthly basis. Love paintball.

When I head to the site on Sunday I'm actually going to also look at a member's Invert Mini that he has for sale. I have already purchased my mask which was the DYE i3 PRO.

Then all that's left to buy really is a tank and hopper. I really like the look of the DYE Rotor.

I'm just starting out so any feedback would be great and anyone selling anything would be even better :D

Thanks again and it's great to contribute in here as and when I can.

Lloydie

Jun 12, 2016
Coventry
Hello and welcome .
Not long started myself ,
I did it on the cheap as I didn't know I would get into it or not but I have :).
As for a tank ,1.1l be best as I've found I run out of air with a .85 l before I use all my paint .
I brought a old halo b hopper of eBay for £15 and it works well but a little heavy and bulky .
I plan on getting a dye rotor very soon and theirs 2 on eBay at the moment (auction) .
I've used a dye rotor for a day that was lent to me by one of the refs and I really liked it , light ,trouble free and compact .
Has your mask got a Thurmal lens ?
It's a must I've found .
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Afternoon folks,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

My name is Jamie, and I'm 27 years old. I live in Scotland (North Ayrshire to be exact).
I go paintballing at least 3 times a year for birthdays, and work events and thought why not just buy my own kit and find a good site for walk-ons. So here I am. I have found a site for my walk-on that only an hour away (that's the closest to me) and I have my first walk-on this Sunday. I'm so excited to start doing this on a monthly basis. Love paintball.

When I head to the site on Sunday I'm actually going to also look at a member's Invert Mini that he has for sale. I have already purchased my mask which was the DYE i3 PRO.

Then all that's left to buy really is a tank and hopper. I really like the look of the DYE Rotor.

I'm just starting out so any feedback would be great and anyone selling anything would be even better :D

Thanks again and it's great to contribute in here as and when I can.
Have a look through the threads for information on choosing gear.

The I3s are a good set of goggles, Invert Mini will be fine and the rotor is a good hopper, a Halo will be cheaper and do all you need but the Rotor is more premium and can be taken apart in seconds with no tools.
Just have a good look around at what is available .

For air you don't need a 4500psi fibre system. You won't get 4500psi fills most of the time and unless you are flush with funds you will save over £100 for starters which you can put to other gear and playing. Then at a later date move onto a fibre system.

You will need other gear such as pots/pods and a pod belt or a vest, bag to put it all in, general tools and cleaning stuff etc.

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Hello and welcome .
I did it on the cheap as I didn't know I would get into it or not but I have :).
As for a tank ,1.1l be best as I've found I run out of air with a .85 l before I use all my paint .
I brought a old halo b hopper of eBay for £15 and it works well but a little heavy and bulky .
I plan on getting a dye rotor very soon and theirs 2 on eBay at the moment (auction) .
I've used a dye rotor for a day that was lent to me by one of the refs and I really liked it , light ,trouble free and compact .
It's a must I've found .

Thanks for the comment bud. I have just seen that auction :D . Yes the mask has a Thermal lens.

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Have a look through the threads for information on choosing gear.

The I3s are a good set of goggles, Invert Mini will be fine and the rotor is a good hopper, a Halo will be cheaper and do all you need but the Rotor is more premium and can be taken apart in seconds with no tools.
Just have a good look around at what is available .

For air you don't need a 4500psi fibre system. You won't get 4500psi fills most of the time and unless you are flush with funds you will save over £100 for starters which you can put to other gear and playing. Then at a later date move onto a fibre system.

You will need other gear such as pots/pods and a pod belt or a vest, bag to put it all in, general tools and cleaning stuff etc.
Yes of course. I totally just forgot about pods, pod belt and a bag. What would you recommend tank wise for HPA ?

Thanks

Reactions: Joecave86

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Yes of course. I totally just forgot about pods, pod belt and a bag. What would you recommend tank wise for HPA ?

Thanks
There is some info and additional links here:

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/difference-between-steel-bottles-and-finer-bottles-3k-and-4-5k-psi.173803/#post-1576238

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/aluminium-v-fobre-wrapped.177186/#post-1601031

I would recommend going for a standard 3000psi steelie/aluminium cylinder. You can't go far wrong as long as you buy a legitimate UK cylinder.
These go for between £30 and £40 new.
You don't get the benefit of the curved base that you would find on a fibre cylinder, which gives the advantage of rolling in your shoulder
But there is a 3000psi cylinder available with a curved base, it's not often seen in the uk but is on the Rap4UK link below at about £100. This is a bit pricey for what you get compared to a fibre 4500 at £150. It has been available for about £40 £50, but is probably a small seller. Find one in that price range and I'd recommend it, otherwise I recommend a standard 3000psi at £30 to £40 to beginners
I don't recommend spending £150 on a fibre wrap without looking around the great variety of shapes and sizes they come in as their true benefit is in the ergonomics.
I don't rate the weight difference between aluminiums and fibre wrapped aluminium as a true factor unless you are sleight and weak or so experienced that a fraction of a second in sprinting to position or moving the gun will realy count - and if so then such players should opt for an ultra light cylinder at £200+

http://lips-paintball.com/acatalog/Paintball-Air-Systems.html
http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/air-co2

http://www.rap4uk.com/Paintball-HPA-Nitro-Tank-UK-s/182.htm

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
There is some info and additional links here:

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/difference-between-steel-bottles-and-finer-bottles-3k-and-4-5k-psi.173803/#post-1576238

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/aluminium-v-fobre-wrapped.177186/#post-1601031

I would recommend going for a standard 3000psi steelie/aluminium cylinder. You can't go far wrong as long as you buy a legitimate UK cylinder.
These go for between £30 and £40 new.
You don't get the benefit of the curved base that you would find on a fibre cylinder, which gives the advantage of rolling in your shoulder
But there is a 3000psi cylinder available with a curved base, it's not often seen in the uk but is on the Rap4UK link below at about £100. This is a bit pricey for what you get compared to a fibre 4500 at £150. It has been available for about £40 £50, but is probably a small seller. Find one in that price range and I'd recommend it, otherwise I recommend a standard 3000psi at £30 to £40 to beginners
I don't recommend spending £150 on a fibre wrap without looking around the great variety of shapes and sizes they come in as their true benefit is in the ergonomics.
I don't rate the weight difference between aluminiums and fibre wrapped aluminium as a true factor unless you are sleight and weak or so experienced that a fraction of a second in sprinting to position or moving the gun will realy count - and if so then such players should opt for an ultra light cylinder at £200+

http://lips-paintball.com/acatalog/Paintball-Air-Systems.html
http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/air-co2

http://www.rap4uk.com/Paintball-HPA-Nitro-Tank-UK-s/182.htm

Thanks for the help Tom. Much appreciated :D

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
The Dye i3 Pro's have arrived :D

My god they look and feel so much better than site rentals!! I will get to use them properly this coming Sunday at my first ever walk-on :D

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Hello and welcome .
It's a must I've found .

I managed to pick up one of they Dye Rotors on eBay :D £41 i paid for it and I'm more than happy with that purchase.
I'm going to hold off on a gun just now because I'm testing one out on Sunday that may get sold to me.

Reactions: Lloydie