Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Back again. Advice needed.

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
ok so I first made a post around 5 months ago regarding gear.
I play woodsball and I'm now looking for my own gear, would have done so sooner but working weekends put me out of playing for a while.
A change of job has now happened so I now have weekends free aswell as having a higher spend cap.

The place that I play doesn't allow for electronic markers due to 80% of the people playing being in groups.

Just curious to what the best pneumatic marker is, (I think I got that right) and what would it set me back second hand?
I was looking at the gog enmey but I'm unsure.
Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks guys.

Also unstated but relevant : spend cap of around £400 to start with. Already have a mask.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
What area you at ?
Best to look for walkon's around your area, or travel a little further to play.
Playing walkon's with own gunners is a much more full filling experience than playing punters.

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
I'm around the Preston, Wigan, Manchester area, northwest England, mainly played with a few friends at a local place, but their may only be 2 or 3 regular faces their. Il have a look at the resurrection now, may have a drive out to a store one weekend and check it out.

Fenix_Sweden

Long time baller
Nov 7, 2015
Halmstad, Sweden
The highest firepower you get with a pneumatic marker is with no doubt a automag with x-valve and shp reg. Easy 20+ balls per second, but i take it they wouldnt allow that either :). The Gog enmey is quite nice if you dont wanna fiddle around to much with the gun. Otherwise a classic automag or autococoker would be my choice.

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
See I'm quite new into this sport so messing about with markers wouldn't be the best idea but general maintainance I don't think would be a problem seeing as their are so many guides out their.
What kind of price do the autocockers go for? Keeping my eye open on the sales atm

Also for tanks, better getting a 3000 or 4500psi tank? I understand most steelies come 3k but carbon fibre comes for both, any differences other than the weight?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Get a Resurrection or a Black Magic Cocker, but whatever you do don't go on Facebook asking if anyone has a gun for sale.

You will be deluged with s**t.

Also, get your girlfriend playing. She's hot.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Also for tanks, better getting a 3000 or 4500psi tank? I understand most steelies come 3k but carbon fibre comes for both, any differences other than the weight?
Starting out (unless you have plenty money) stick to 3000psi at first

Spend £30 / £40 on a new aluminium 3000psi and save over £100 to spend on other gear and playing (fibres are £150+)

Most of the time you can only get 3000psi fills, and unless you have an extremely innefiicient gun, and are out in game all day long without being eliminated or needing a break - then it will give you enough air to shoot between opportunities to refill

Fibres are lighter then the equivalent aluminium, but unless you are weak or go for a true ultralight then the weight difference is negligible

A standard aluminium has a flat base so has a bit of a disadvantage against a curved base on a fibre - which means you can roll it in your shoulder giving you faster and less jerkey movements
However you can get a 3000psi now with a curved base, approx £40 to £50

The real benefit of fibre over aluminium is choice of a wide variety of shapes / sizes so that you can get the ergonomics and balance to fit you perfectly

Allow time, experience and checking other players gear to learn what's good for you then make an informed choice