Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

back man needs help

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
first make sure that your forward aint gonna be lit up by someone he don't know about. tell him exactly what you see clearly. give him the signal to go if he's waiting for it and then put paint on the bunker he's going for whilst looking at other bunkers. If he goes without saying lay down some paint at a bunker you know someone to be in that is on his route. also get to know your forward well. me and my back player are pretty close (in a non gay way :p) e.g. we know each other and we know what we are gonna do....

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
That's a definite spray and pray moment, you have to be shooting every bunker you can see that's hot, Forget the one he's bunkering, that's his problem and you'll probably hit him anyway. 3 or 4 shots at each and move around, hit all the bunkers, forget eliminations (unless you can get one easily) and just keep as many busy as possible.

For the 5 or 10 secs of the bunker run you can probably stand right out, by the time they notice you they'll have noticed the runner and it's him they'll want to kill anyway.

Ask Piper about hiding behind your gun - he can do that now he has a Timmy :)

This is exactly why back players need to be practicing consistant quick paint in long long strings.

Pinchaaay

Jan 29, 2003
Yo' momas crease
www.alfa145.com
heres my advice dude:-

1) Communication is the key here m8, he needs to trust you! you are the eyes of the field, YOU tell HIM the best position on the field to move to for either the mug(nice:D) or a better barricade with more angle of vision for him on the field.

2) Dont be paint shy, as long as you are battering the opposition with paint your front guy is covered and relatively safe.
If needs be carry as much paint as your body can cope with as you don't really rely on speed as much being at the back.

3) NEVER stop shouting e.g:- how many players have they got, where they are on the field, how many guys you have got left etc...

All top teams rely on key communication to enable them to win games.

or is all that just utter bollocks :confused:

Chris

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by ~chrisy~
heres my advice dude:-

1) Communication is the key here m8, he needs to trust you! you are the eyes of the field, YOU tell HIM the best position on the field to move to for either the mug(nice:D) or a better barricade with more angle of vision for him on the field.

2) Dont be paint shy, as long as you are battering the opposition with paint your front guy is covered and relatively safe.
If needs be carry as much paint as your body can cope with as you don't really rely on speed as much being at the back.

3) NEVER stop shouting e.g:- how many players have they got, where they are on the field, how many guys you have got left etc...

All top teams rely on key communication to enable them to win games.

or is all that just utter bollocks :confused:

Chris

Please don't get started on the whole communication thing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But mainly, the guys asked what to do when the front is going to do the bunker - at that point he will be able to hear exactly squat, whatever you say to him he wont hear and even if he does he won't be able to do anything different, it will all be too quick - he will just be gunning for the kill.

So forget communication at the point that he goes - it's all about paint, paint and lots and lots of paint and a bit more paint.

Well, I think so at least :)

And if you are being really ambitious, using the diversion to move someone else up or move up yourself to a better bunker is a skill worth learning. But that requires doing 3 things at once...........

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Pay no attention to these guys. What you MUST do, is curse your front guy if he gets shot on his run, even if it is because you didn't provide enough cover. And you must take the credit if it goes well, saying that he only made because you shot him in.... Hey, how else will us old back guys get any glory? :D