Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Back up marker

Payney

Jun 24, 2013
I recently bought an invert mini for my back up and like it more than the gog. Did breakout at CPPS last month and will be doing that next year. With the group i'm in i'm learning my markers and how to maintain them. Not been paintballing for long so it will come in time and with practice. So for the time being my two markers will be my bread and butter but next year i hope to go for an EGO/GEO depending on what i find when the time comes.
As for the freak kit, i have one so just goiing to get a freak back in A/C thread so i can use it on my mini.
Have considered a DW fibre too! Tho may just go for a whip tip as i'll admit i like carbon fibre haha.

bazza

Aug 12, 2011
Great yarmouth
i would highly recomend having a back up as you never know whats going to happen. And as for not needing one with a planet i've seen plenty go down. Even if it don't go down you could land wrong and break it and thats your paintball finished until you can afford a repair bill.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
i would highly recomend having a back up as you never know whats going to happen. And as for not needing one with a planet i've seen plenty go down. Even if it don't go down you could land wrong and break it and thats your paintball finished until you can afford a repair bill.
There could be a bit of a contradiction there - buying a gun as a spare just in case you break your main and can't afford to repair it.
Yes - you have an instant spare. But you've spent the money you could have had to repair it, you potentially now are using the lesser alternate and have one broken gun sat there annoying you. What if you now break the spare.
Preferably don't break what you can't afford to do without.

Would you buy 2 cars in case you crash one?
I've tended to wait until I crash the first before I buy the second.

bazza

Aug 12, 2011
Great yarmouth
I see what you're saying mate but i did'nt mean go out and buy a brand new marker just so you have a spare. i suppose i was lucky i bought a new reflex rail then came into sme money so i did'nt have to sell it for stupidly less then i paid for it when i bought a new marker. i just think it a good idea to have two just incase.

Edgie1741

Dec 16, 2013
Planet Eclipse Etha is cheap and reliable. I used to own one and sold it on for a better gun. I never had any issues with it in the 5 to 6 months I had it for and second hand you could pick one up for around £175 depending on the condition, shot count etc.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I'd always suggest having a spare marker, if there is a spare in the bag then your main is unlikely to break. Actually while it's okay to say "learn how to maintain your marker and you won't need a spare" what if your solenoid cr@ps out on you mid day? Or if your cup seal goes in your auto cocker? Stripping a marker down to that degree in the middle of a muddy safe zone even if you have the tools and spares isn't something I'd suggest.

For years we had an a5 sat in the kit bag, it never came out apart from as a universal back up for anyone at the walk one we went to. Always worked despite pretty woeful neglect.

Reactions: bazza

Swixk

Feb 6, 2014
You shouldn't need a back up if your only using an extcy as they are generally made for budget ballers so should endure most play just like a tippmann and with warranty you should be good for another year!