Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Backs? what backs to use/ buy

welshey2918

Banned
Jun 2, 2012
hi wondering what backs kit to get to play tourney ball, i have a 688 cal barrel and tip at the moment but arent sure what to buy to accommodate different paint, smart parts look good, myabe a little over the top with 6 backs? whats a good number of backs to have and use?

comments welcome!

cheers

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well obviously the more backs you have, the better a fit you can get so its just as far as your wallet will stretch. the vast majority of paint hovers somewhere inbetween .676 and .688 but of course you will always find that odd batch that can fall outwith that range.

best advice on a budget if you are using barrels like ultralites is to have maybe 3 backs in a range of these sizes since they are more expensive but on the flipside, you can buy a freak barrel and then just expand by buying more inserts as you see fit since they are much cheaper individually.

welshey2918

Banned
Jun 2, 2012
well obviously the more backs you have, the better a fit you can get so its just as far as your wallet will stretch. the vast majority of paint hovers somewhere inbetween .676 and .688 but of course you will always find that odd batch that can fall outwith that range.

best advice on a budget if you are using barrels like ultralites is to have maybe 3 backs in a range of these sizes since they are more expensive but on the flipside, you can buy a freak barrel and then just expand by buying more inserts as you see fit since they are much cheaper individually.

leg-ond, thanks for your advice, i was thinking of having the three 684, 688 and a 692 as a good starter, but then i guess as you say paint can be smaller!? thats crazy

do you know of any good barrel kit makers other than freak? i dont quite like the colour scheme, and tobe fair it would look poo on my nt11 lol but i gess it would do the job!

automag

Jan 14, 2008
There are loads out there it just depends on what you are willing to spend.

You have to name a few,
Sly pro merc
Deadly wind
Stiffi
Planet eclipse
unitec
CP custom
Dye broomstick ultralite

Some make carbon fibre others do not. I would say if if you like a barrel and spend a bit more it do, even if you sell the marker at a later date the barrel will/can stay with you, unless you change to another marker that has a different thread.

If you read some of the forums in the states they talk about the size of the paintballs getting smaller.
I would go with some thing like the .691/693 as most site the rec balls will be ok with these barrels, if you are playing sup air etc the tourney paint is slightly smaller and I normally use a .689 as this is how my barrels are made.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
leg-ond, thanks for your advice, i was thinking of having the three 684, 688 and a 692 as a good starter, but then i guess as you say paint can be smaller!? thats crazy

do you know of any good barrel kit makers other than freak? i dont quite like the colour scheme, and tobe fair it would look poo on my nt11 lol but i gess it would do the job!
yep that would be a great set to have, especially since the rec paints can be larger and misshapen, the .692 gives plenty of room for that. the smallest you would normally use would be something like a .684 which you've decided to go for. don't mean to scare you but its just that on rare occasions you can find paint smaller but the vast majority falls inside the sizes you mentioned.

i've got the techt ifit kit which is great because you can put it on the end of any of your other barrels. the freak kit is awesome but if you'd prefer something else the dye ultralite barrels are usually readily available. however all barrels nowadays are of good quality and they are all just a means to the same end.