Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

backup gun for tourney play?

Adhajm

Adam Gray
Oct 10, 2015
South (West of Swindon)
looking for a back up/alt weather gun for tournament play really, wondering what the public really opt for?, considering a ego 9 or 10 or are they slightly to out dated?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
My main is an LV1, and my backup is a Geo 3.1 with IV Core. It came in handy in Puget this year, team mates Macdev went down and he used the Geo all event. Worked a treat. I suspect that even an etek 5 would make a lovely back up though. Depends on what the prices are doing these days, with the CS1 coming out and gtek, the 3.1 prices should be falling.

Adhajm

Adam Gray
Oct 10, 2015
South (West of Swindon)
My main is an LV1, and my backup is a Geo 3.1 with IV Core. It came in handy in Puget this year, team mates Macdev went down and he used the Geo all event. Worked a treat. I suspect that even an etek 5 would make a lovely back up though. Depends on what the prices are doing these days, with the CS1 coming out and gtek, the 3.1 prices should be falling.
cheers! yeah have seen the prices are falling on them! the geo worth the investment as a back up would you say, they seem really smooth firing!

Adhajm

Adam Gray
Oct 10, 2015
South (West of Swindon)
Why does your backup marker need to be a step down? ;) Most of this season I ran a Geo 3 a IV Core bolt, with a Geo 3 as a backup (both second hand... still cheaper than buying one brand new).
agreed! i picked up the etek as it was at a good deal back the the day i used to always use dye as had dm7/dmc but only heard bad things on recent markers, geo seem to be the choice, thanks everyone for the advice

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Over the last year, I've played a lot. I've never actually needed a backup marker - my Geo 3.5 hasn't missed a beat. I've lent it out to many people and it's still not let anyone down. The spare has only been used by others this year.

Ego 9/10/11 as backups work like charms.

Adhajm

Adam Gray
Oct 10, 2015
South (West of Swindon)
Over the last year, I've played a lot. I've never actually needed a backup marker - my Geo 3.5 hasn't missed a beat. I've lent it out to many people and it's still not let anyone down. The spare has only been used by others this year.

Ego 9/10/11 as backups work like charms.
bloody hell! tough piece of kit then? by the sounds of it maybe a geo might be worth that little extra, if i can't find a desirable ego option

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
bloody hell! tough piece of kit then? by the sounds of it maybe a geo might be worth that little extra, if i can't find a desirable ego option
It was on around 280k before a newbie accidentally reset it. Honestly, anything from Planet is crazy reliable - with my 3.5, I've replaced the Orings once. With a bit a forethought and maintenance (if you can get on one of the basic tech clinics they occasionally run at events, it's worth the time), there's no reason why you couldn't see a couple million shots out of them.

So yeah, tough bit of kit. Where do you play? I'll happily lend it out for a day.

Reactions: Spikerz