Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Backup pew pew

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I agree with @Dusty and @onasilverbike .... no 2nd marker is required for an individual

however it can be useful for a team to have backup marker to float amongst the team members, so you dont have the risk of having a gun down for a game. this is why I have spare markers

However if you wanted to stick with PE, then the LV1 is a great choice. even if this is replaced it doesnt stop this being a quality marker. Much like earlier Egos you just can really abuse and pull it from the kit bag, wipe it down and it rocks. The only difference with the more recent PE markers is to use Energy Paintball batteries. Both the GEO 3.x and LV1 work best with them

Picking up an older PE GEO or EGO might be more appropriate, It depends on the cash situation

I have a DM14 and Clone GTi, both are great choices. DYE markers depreciate way too fast IMHO, the Clone is a very smooth platform if you are OK with maintaining it. No experience with the LUXE, but given the feedback from others you wont be disappoointed

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Agreed, I normally always had 2 guns in my bag and it feels weird only have 1. I may pick up an LV1 2nd hand if I can find an awesome deal.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Then there's needing a backup for your teammates guns, can't forget that.

Now then...how much can I spend before the wife notices...

Reactions: Bertz

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Other half really does'nt need to know. She won't notice either unless you want her to ;)

If you already own a nice reliable marker that is maintained and look after well, there is no need for a so called 'backup marker'.
Now if you like having toyz, go ahead and do it, as long as it does not break the bank and stop you affording to play. Take out which ever marker suits your fancy for the day, or even game.

We are only here once :):)

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Bingo, the gun doesn't go down...but I do like toys...and I haven't golfed in awhile so that's saved up some cash. I'd like a nice private label one. Maybe something awesome will come out at the extravaganza.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
If all the guns are black then the misses will never know !!

I am a bit sad as I have my new weapon of choice coming and I have 3 "Spares" as back ups and as much as I like having the spares, part of me feels that these will never get used, so may have to stick up the Vanquish, Impulse and XSV Axe - Shame as I love them all so much !

Spares are good but as others have said, do you want to be the person that loans out all you guns as team mates cant be bothered to learn about their guns and know that you have a back up ! and then you have to clean up 2 markers along with fix their broken one !

Never owned a PE marker but from what I have read they are super reliable and dont seem to break and so a £500 spare could be a waste.

Reactions: Dusty and Spikerz

mike b

Jan 18, 2015
I was think of having a back up marker but now reading this I think the money spent on one just save it and just get a better first marker with the cash

Reactions: Bolter

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I must admit, if playing Race format, I like to have two full set ups put together and chrono'd. Not so much for the main one going down, but for those moments you get shot in the loader, or blow a ball in the breech and have zero time to clean them up. Grab the spare, play the point with it and sort the other one between matches. That said, I shoot cheap arse markers anyway! My main is an Ego 07, backed up by an 05 Alias and an Etek 1!