Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrel break = out?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If you drop a ball when loading and then tread on it are you out? I suggest no as the ball had not been fired but a Marshal finding the "hit" wouldn't know that. Following this logic, I would suggest a ball is not live until it leaves the barrel in which case a burst inside the barrel is not an elimination. If this is not the case then could you not just throw a ball at someone to eliminate them? Don't know the official answer to this, just putting the questions out there.
If you just throw a ball at someone I would not expect a break, so you're still in unless bounces count

Game 1 of paintball sets the precident - squeezing a paintball between your fingers and squirting your target counts

Mr_phish

Jul 31, 2013
essex
while were at it what about if a ball breaks in your loader ? and as a lot of players now use speed feeds it'd look like they'd been shot on the inside of there loader although its a uncommon place to get hit but ive seen it done a few times and even managed to do to a friend in a game before.

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
i would guess not, ( i dont know if this is american or english rules ) becuase it has to be a penny sized mark of paint on you/your equipment to count as being out, so if it breaks in your barrel, no. also there is a section of a PBNation ( i think? or social pb ) were a dude has got loads of barrel breaks and he is cleaning his barrel, interesting topic!

Will

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Technically, I think the hit would only count if it is on the outside of your equipment (otherwise broken balls in pods would be counted as out). Logic should win out.

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
@flashdan I did the whole "I think I'm a pro and continue shooting as I run past this bunker" thing not too long ago, and shot myself in the face.

Never felt like such an idiot before!