Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrel stuck together :(

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
I've undone a couple of these, I use rubber bands and microfibre cloths and a little brute force. Then add an oring to the top of the threads if there isn't one there already and smear the oring and a couple of the threads in grease.

Aphex

formerly 'S!ck'
Jan 14, 2007
Harrow, London
www.kaosslighting.co.uk
I had one stuck together at CPPS, managed to get it off working with a team mate, make sure you are 100% turning the correct way (I checked with another Etek) then just take an end each and turn. Once its off make sure you lube it and check the threads, I know your pain, I was really annoyed when I couldn't get mine apart!

Reactions: Chris kitson

Rewan

Aug 12, 2013
Cornwall
Try a vice with rubber protecting the barrel/for grip and a handheld clamp with rubber again to try and untwist it.

CurtisB

Apr 10, 2013
I did the same thing to my Etek 3 ... The way I undone it was get a mate both wear rubber gloves for extra grip then both together counter twist and hopefully it'll undo.

Billdoddy

Jun 27, 2011
I had this problem before and I did what evil rich said

Stick the barrel in the freezer so the metal contracts leave in said freezer for a couple of hours I would say go full out and leave in for about 5 hours
When 5 hours has passed run the hot tap till really hot (not boiling) and wearing rubber gloves for extra grip apply the hot water to the outer barrel coupler so the outer barrel will expand and the inner barrel should still be cold therefor "shrunken"

Now using the strength of the gods proceed to unscrew the barrels apart ^^

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Hope you understand what reverse thread means = turning it as one would do to tighten it up Actually Undoes it.