Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrels 4 Players

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by UncleBob from ={DH}= SH!
I hope you are satisfied.:(

:rolleyes:

Andy, you can see them quoted them in other people's posts in this thread.

LJ, I was very restrained wasn't I :)

PS, UncleBoob edited his own posts, I never touched them.

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Unclebob are you on drugs? :rolleyes: Pete didn't delete or mod your insulting post to him, instead he replied in a clear manner with no aggression or hate towards you (which u were fortunate considering you verbally attacked him for no reason :rolleyes: )

And all you can do is edit the offending posts and then put it on Pete?!?!?

Stop trying to start arguments fool....

Nov 18, 2003
End Game.

I apologise for replying to this thread and I admit, I got a little rustled when my initial views were put down. Although I think it could have been handled better by both, for my part I am sorry.

I will no longer be posting for this reason, but it is for my own developmental reasons.

Robbo, I owe you a personal apology for my actions, and I am sorry this thread was spoilt for that reason.

Anyone else who reads this, I suggest reading the first post and going back to the subject.

UncleBob.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
End Game.

Originally posted by UncleBob from ={DH}= SH!
I apologise for replying to this thread and I admit, I got a little rustled when my initial views were put down. Although I think it could have been handled better by both, for my part I am sorry.

I will no longer be posting for this reason, but it is for my own developmental reasons.

Robbo, I owe you a personal apology for my actions, and I am sorry this thread was spoilt for that reason.

Anyone else who reads this, I suggest reading the first post and going back to the subject.

UncleBob.
Bob, I am used to it...no problemo !

There is no way anybody wants you to stop posting, far from it, we want people to post but you have to remember when you do post something that could be a little contentious then there are gonna be people out there who will come back at you, some will be right and some will be wrong, it's just the way it is mate but in no way was I trying to put you down in my initial response.
Peace !

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Unclebob...

And after all, in a sense you also had a point.

With 'regular' ballistics it is usually the case that the longer the barrel, the further and more accurate a shot will be.
The reason for this is that as long as the projectile is in the barrel, there will be propellant (the expanding gas created by the charge going off) behind it, pushing with a force greater than the friction the projectile has with the barrel, resulting in constant accelaration as long as the projectile is in the barrel (although it is theoretically possible to create a barrel so long that the propellant will no longer push, as the gas has reached it's maximum volume, after which the projectile's velocity will decrease. Let's call this the maximum effective length).
For this reason the barrels on tank guns are usually so long; they are meant to speed up their projectiles to a tremendous velocity, because it is the momentum of the projectile that causes it to pierce it's target's armour. Many tank guns have a calibre of 50 or more, meaning that the length of the barrel is 50 times as long as it's internal diameter, or bore. The Leopard 2A6 has a 120mm gun with a calibre of 60, meaning it has a length of 7,20 meters. That's one BIG gun.

the reason that the maximum effective length of a barrel in paintball is far lower is because the propellant used to launch the ball is 'bled off' far quicker. This is because paintball barrels have portings (most of the time), as well as a breach that is not fully sealed. True, the bolt closes off the breach, but it also retracts really quickly, allowing a lot of propellant to bleed off that way. (obviously Cockers and the like work a little different, perhaps this explains their great efficiancy) A tank gun has a breach that is totally sealed off, meaning no propellant is lost when a shot is fired.
Besides, the gases we use have a far lower pressure than the stuff used to fire real bullets.

Hope this cleared things up a little.

And don't stop posting.

Nov 18, 2003
:D That was what I was trying to explain, but hell, you sure did a great job!

My intention was to test this today, but somewhere it turned in to an arguement.. oh well.. I see your point on PB, and wont bother, it's probably true (I'm not denying it before you start!)

Thank you! Apart from being an *******, I still have a tiny bit of pride left at least..:cool:

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
bob i think you just found out the hard way that 50% of paintballers know the science behind the sport and markers pritty damn well.

welcome to the forums, post away, its the best way to learn!

and for the record the other 50% of baller prob couldnt give a rats ass how their marker works as long as it will throw paint where they want it!