Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

barrels in wet weather.

Hoodless ECI

eee-see-eye
Jun 15, 2006
Homeless.
www.eastcoastirritant.com
Smartpart's actually sell a barrel with no porting on, designed especially for those wet days :)

That or the cling-film the your sarnies :rolleyes:

I use an old 10" Timmy barrel that has no porting whatsoever, and has a boring as wide as the back end of a bus. No wetness *giggle*, no swelling fear and no being pulled by reffs..:D:eek:

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Tape or gun graffiti is good but the best i've seen was a member of nexus when they were shooting egos in 06 tapped a dye Ultralite plastic tube over the tip of the barrel to keep rain out and still let it port.

The reason to cover the porting is because the water will enter the barrel causing a restriction and extra friction unevenly on the surface, the can cause swelling and at the very least will cause the ball to reduce in speed and gain abit of spin in a random direction.

Remeber kids, always wrap your barrel if it is getting wet.

Seany

www.northernquarterpb.com
Mar 19, 2007
Northern Quarter
www.corruptedpb.com
Tape or gun graffiti is good but the best i've seen was a member of nexus when they were shooting egos in 06 tapped a dye Ultralite plastic tube over the tip of the barrel to keep rain out and still let it port.

The reason to cover the porting is because the water will enter the barrel causing a restriction and extra friction unevenly on the surface, the can cause swelling and at the very least will cause the ball to reduce in speed and gain abit of spin in a random direction.

Remeber kids, always wrap your barrel if it is getting wet.
isnt that what the government is telling us too ;)