Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Firstly why not:
A fibre cylinder is not the best vfm in the amount of air you get per fill
You also don't always get access to fills at 4500psi
It's not as light in comparison to aluminium as is perceived - unless it is ultra light
Weight is not the true issue - balance is
Fibre cylinders last a maximum of 15 years, but require 2 retests
Aluminium / steel cylinders last forever if you bother to test them
Like fibre, steel cylinders can be used for 5 years from birth before requiring a test
Aluminium cylinders actually have 10 years before requiring a test (though not all site bottle checkers will be aware and the cylinder may be marked as 5 years - carry a copy of the UKPSF hpa1 with the legal info)

Now why go for fibre:
To go for the higher capacity - when fills available
To use a smaller cylinder with still the same capacity - when fills are available
To get the right size for your ergonomics, length and balance etc

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
When it all comes down to it money is very relevant
£150 or more for a fibre cylinder
£30 to £40 for an aluminium

Some people say a new player is wasting money on an aluminium that they will spend more a few months later on a fibre
Saving £100 is no waste when buying all the gear to get started

If you do go to fibre shortly after then:
You have a spare (remember it could last 10 years), can sell it - or even give it to the next player
You've had time to get more wage packets and to get experience
If £30 to £40 is a waste of your wage packet, then paintball is going to be very expensive for you

Reactions: Mr.Vanguard

Terrorsinx

Jun 1, 2014
I was thinking carbon as I go to games like NVS or paintfest where 4.5 is highly useful. Kill two birds with one stone. I'm keeping in this just gotta find more people to go around my area :) . I will be looking at fuel mainly as from testing and use it's just brilliant. But research research! I got a dm11 weighing about 6-800 g and the bottle would be about the same so it would be more stable and a little lighter yhan the. Steels going round wlthough I have a 3k steel anyways! I'm looking for a bigger bottle as I do have size to me. And it's easier for myself. So that's why opinion :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I was thinking carbon as I go to games like NVS or paintfest where 4.5 is highly useful. Kill two birds with one stone. I'm keeping in this just gotta find more people to go around my area :) . I will be looking at fuel mainly as from testing and use it's just brilliant. But research research! I got a dm11 weighing about 6-800 g and the bottle would be about the same so it would be more stable and a little lighter yhan the. Steels going round wlthough I have a 3k steel anyways! I'm looking for a bigger bottle as I do have size to me. And it's easier for myself. So that's why opinion :)
Good man - you have informed reasoning in there

Go fibre & enjoy

Just a point on extra capacity for NvS - big games and scenarios are different
You have more time in game then a walkon etc where you may play for 30 minutes or an hour
You may shoot less in more time, or spray paint everywhere only experience will tell

There is the matter of being capable of being in game longer and reality
It may be a long walk to refill, but it may also seem much longer if you are fully loaded with paint

You need as much paint as you can shoot and as much air as is required to shoot it
Differences apply where you can replenish, But either way you do need a break at some point

You have good enough reasoning above to validate your requirement

Keep up the research, get hands on with as many as possible, and remember that if you're going for NvS etc you may get the best price on the day. But if there is something specific you can preorder or have a chat with the retailers beforehand to avoid disappointment or that you would like to look at a couple to decide on the day

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ps please be aware that sometimes fibres are listed without the regulator (giving you choice) so check to be sure you're pricing for the full system - and what regulators could be good for you

Terrorsinx

Jun 1, 2014
Well I've looked at fuel, safer, stako and armotech. Although the last one seems like a rarity to most. This could be due to many things like publicity or just not being that good. Everyone is generally saying the ninja pro reg, or pro v2 seems to be the general preferred. A lot of change can happen with these two making it more versatile so I'll go for that. Now it's just tank :) any other views?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Stakos were the first ultralight and were limited to 5 years and no retest, thus were a very expensive option for a light cylinder
The current range of ultralights fuel, safer etc can be retested so are relatively just a bit more expensive than normal fibres

A cylinder is just a cylinder, so as long as it meets the same standard and is the size/shape/weight you require should have little distinction. Others with particular experience can comment

The regulator does make a difference.
Does its refresh rate keep up with your trigger finger and keep the air flowing, does it have any particular features you require such as high / medium / low output, or user adjustment with shims etc, can the position be adjusted so the fill nipple does not poke you in the wrist etc
If these are not major concerns then any regulator will do fine

If you plan on mainly playing in the uk then the above cover the requirements, if you intend to play abroad then consider a cylinder with multiple standards (EG dot & Pi) and ensuring the retailer does not loctite the regulator to allow for removal in transit

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Stakos were the first ultralight and were limited to 5 years and no retest, thus were a very expensive option for a light cylinder
The current range of ultralights fuel, safer etc can be retested so are relatively just a bit more expensive than normal fibres

A cylinder is just a cylinder, so as long as it meets the same standard and is the size/shape/weight you require should have little distinction. Others with particular experience can comment

The regulator does make a difference.
Does its refresh rate keep up with your trigger finger and keep the air flowing, does it have any particular features you require such as high / medium / low output, or user adjustment with shims etc, can the position be adjusted so the fill nipple does not poke you in the wrist etc
If these are not major concerns then any regulator will do fine

If you plan on mainly playing in the uk then the above cover the requirements, if you intend to play abroad then consider a cylinder with multiple standards (EG dot & Pi) and ensuring the retailer does not loctite the regulator to allow for removal in transit

With regard to purchase - for anything like these I would personally say to buy new.
You can save money on a second hand cylinder but when it comes to the lighter designs I'd personally prefer new and to know the cylinders history

Terrorsinx

Jun 1, 2014
That's true it's just hard seeing 220 out the account aha just like that. Not bad just usually I don't spend overly much XD