Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best cheap pistol ?

JamesWB

For those few short minutes, nothing else matters.
Oct 1, 2015
Forest hill
I'm thinking of getting a pistol to play at rental sites with my mates as that would be a lot of fun. I've got my own mask and I know how much co2 will cost me. What pistol can I get second hand for about £50 or over, or is that just not possible ?

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Buy cheap buy twice mate. Get a tipx or a tib 8 for around 120. The spyder clone pistols all suck. Unregulated blow back rubbish. Although tbf I own two pistols and I have never used either of them.

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
Depends on the make of spyder clone. Some are rubbish, some are pretty good. The issue with them is they all vary in their reliability across each make. Example. Rap4's T68 pistol is a clone of older Zues pistols and such like. Mine worked flawlessly, and after flex-honing the barrel was more consistant than my mates tipx. However my team mates T68 pisol would constantly lose the 12gram oring seal when he removed the spent 12gram (it would come out due to the ice sticking it to the 12gram). However they can be repaired and improved and taken to a level of reliability and playability that makes them pretty good if you want to put the time in.
As for the Tipx and T8.1, both have their own issues, which unless folk use them as primary's long term won't even know about. Most folk use the tipx on HPA which is a good shout as after half a days play i've had both mine (as I was duel wielding) freeze up on 12grams. The t8.1 does better on 12grams but the mags are heavy and those little nubs on the magazine ball detent eventually wear out or can even pop off.
Then there are feeding issue with paint which both magfed pistols suffer from, the longer the paint sist in the mag the more its exposed to moisture/air humidity the more the ball expands. This is worse if you have the mag in the marker and don't fire for a long time as the paint is then slowly squashed by the spring pressure, something that statcked blowback pistol don't suffer from as much as your reloads are in 10 round tubes.
Basically when choosing a pistol you've got to decide how your going to use it (primary or secondary) and take the appropriate setup. HPA is good for primary. 12grams in tipx as side are is a win.
After trying all sorts I sort of gave up on pistols (apart from 1 which I use for FSR only now) as they just arn't super reliable for primary play all the time. I use an enmey with a pvc tube stuck in the feedneck that can hold 10 round tubes now. In terms of reliability and overall ease of use, speed of reload, overall paint and hpa carrying capacity, and efficiency, its saddens me to say it beats all current pistols i've owned or own (T8, Tipx, T8.1, Rapide, PGP, T68, BT SA-17, PTX extreme Jnr, Palmers Squall, DRV.)
If you only have 5 to 10 shots, you need to be able to fire them all flawlessly for pistol play. And to varying degree the above pistols all failed with the exception of my T68 (which I sold ages ago foolishly). My enmey is yet to break a paintball in the barrel in game (I have managed to get it to break paint but that paint was old tourney paint through an Armson polygroove so it was bound to break at least a few balls, switched barrel, no issues).
If you want accuracy over reliability though, PGP wins overall but its a pump pistol so loses on rate of fire, plus they are old and while solid occasionally have parts fail or jam up.
Just my 2p

Reactions: laddo and JamesWB

Ezrog

Jun 5, 2013
Cheap and reliable, cant beat the sa-17. things never played up for me, reloading it is a pain. but its better than having to pull it apart every game to clean the barrels out.