Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best gun for beginner in sup air?

chesterino101

Jul 18, 2014
Looking for advice on what to buy, something worthy, for around the £250 mark. I have a loader and bottle waiting

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Lots of choice in that price bracket! Personally, I'd be looking at an Ego 11 (or 10 for bit less). That said, Geo 3s come in at that price and some of the DM series have dropped to silly ono (DM 14s are a bargain ATM).

thomasbear

Aug 12, 2014
Milton keynes
I'd say if you can get them get the geo3 or ego 11 over the dms as they are more user friendly especially as it's your first tournament marker. as eclipse techs are at most the UK events so if you play around with the settings and it goes wrong they can help you. but if you are quite technically minded the dms are a very solid marker and despite the lacking of a screen will give you more value for money

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
I'm a Planet eclipse fan. generally you can pick them up and just play. the geo2 are a less susceptible to lack of cleaning etc. so if your playing and forget to clean/lube it'll still work the next time out the bag.

My strong advice no matter what marker you use is to put a decent battery in there and replace quite often especially if playing speedball

P8ntballer-Josh

Feb 6, 2017
I used to be an eclipse man myself...Then one of the nexus boys let me use his DM at an event as mine went down and i instantly fell in love. If you can get your hands on a cheap DM14 like Kev said then you wouldn't be disappointed

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Hello @chesterino101, and Welcome fella, well, first of all got to say , Every Make of Marker has a different feel in your hands, and if you look at your wrist of your hand holding grip, you may see it bending inwards or upwards, or other direction, Take note of this as it could be the difference of your accuracy when shooting, then you`ll need to ask yourself, do you mind if it`s a heavy or light gun, for instance the New RSX Shocker is a Whole Pound of Sugar Lighter than most guns out there, ( beautiful guns ),
then you need to know if it`s a straight shooter or does it curl downwards quickly, ( of course a straight shooter will curl down eventually but goes a lot further before it does ) ( Bob Long guns are known for this )
then is it going to be Reliable or should I say More than most ( Planet Eclipse are known for this )
If you sell it , will you get your money back ?? ( Dye Guns are the worst for this )
what happens if you buy an Expensive one , would that be the answer , well the answer to that is NO ( Llux is well known for being expensive and Top Dog ?? BUT with an alarming Huge amount of them going down with "o" rings ect Blowing, )
So you see my friend , anybody will say what they have and is a going concern to be the one to get, you need to get to a Venue to place it in your hand FIRST !!!
>> Bluey.

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
Hi if you want a good gun that is supported at the main events I would go planet eclipse I have a old etek that never goes wrong I use that or a empire mini not the most expensive gun out there but I still throw paint just as fast as the others

Reactions: Care_Bears

chanman

At one with the force
Sep 30, 2010
NE
If you're testing the water stay cheap, old ego or etek 3 for around 150 or less

_d4Mn_

Mar 26, 2017
Corby
My personal experience always tells me to go for a dye marker.
Old DM8-14 or Rail AFTER 2011(rails before 2011 were not reliable IMO, expecially the very first release back in 2007), however the new proto rize is also a good choice for around £200-250. There was someone trying to sell a PM7. That gun is also awesome, wont disappoint you. The PM7 and the DM7 was the last marker from dye without an eye-pipe as far as I know. I used the PM7 between 2007-2011 didnt regret it.