Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best kick-ass moments....?

rob hemingway

Invert Mini
Sep 8, 2013
Hull
Picture0029.jpg

We all have great kick-ass moments we remember....Whats your best?

One of my best moments is as follows...

We were playing 10 a-side, capture the watch towers, on quite a small course, one team attacks, one defends. I was attacking, my plan was to stay on my own and slowly work my way around the edge of the course to the highest tower. On the start whistle i made good ground and didn't get spotted. Then waited...i saw 2 kids behind barrels but they didnt see me, they were staying far too close together. When they broke just enough cover i popped up and peppered them both with a dozen hits,they didnt know what was going on. I instantly made for the barrels and slid into cover.The watch tower had some how not seen me eliminate the ground defence. I waited again...then slowly made my way around the back of the tower, expecting to get shot at any time my heart was pounding. I popped my head round to take a look up the ladder to the tower and saw 3 shooters.All of them were firing wildly out the tower and not watching their backs. My invert mini/empire prophecy hopper combination was ramped up to 14BPS!!...i unleashed hell on them,All i heard were shouts of "OK OK stop firing" and "IM HIT,IM HIT".I ordered them down as they where all out. I then made my way up into the tower, i looked across at the 2 lower towers and rained a volley of shots down onto them both. They all dived for cover, this gave my team enough time to break and advance. I kept the 2 towers pinned down long enough for us the capture them both. we won the game in less than 4 minutes, i had 5 confirmed kills. Dont you just love it when a plan comes together :D

this may seem a lot of writing but i type very fast Lol.

Thanks for reading (if you got this far)

Last edited:

Adam Axford

Northern Devils Captain #89
Nov 14, 2013
Greater Manchester
Mine...

We are 2v2 @ CPPS Round 2

I'm up to the 50 on the D side it's me and my snake player, I snap out the back centre and am left with back left who is trading out with me. I'm screaming for support from my snake who eventually bumps up through the centre M

Few more shots/pots exchanged with back left and I'm down to my hopper only, my back up draws the guy out to an infield bunker before getting shot out, I bump up another dorito and then try to snap at him and realise I'm out of paint (D'oh)

To my utter surprise the guy sprints over to back right (his snake corner) so I took my chance, legged it to the gate and slid in, touching the gate as he spins, sees me and lights up my legs... Luckily I'm in safe and we win the point, feeling pretty smug, stood up, arms outstretched to the side soaking it up while getting paint checked.

Yeah so that was my kick ass moment, loved it!

Reactions: rob hemingway

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
View attachment 42788

We all have great kick-ass moments we remember....Whats your best?

One of my best moments is as follows...

We were playing 10 a-side, capture the watch towers, on quite a small course, one team attacks, one defends. I was attacking, my plan was to stay on my own and slowly work my way around the edge of the course to the highest tower. On the start whistle i made good ground and didn't get spotted. Then waited...i saw 2 kids behind barrels but they didnt see me, they were staying far too close together. When they broke just enough cover i popped up and peppered them both with a dozen hits,they didnt know what was going on. I instantly made for the barrels and slid into cover.The watch tower had some how not seen me eliminate the ground defence. I waited again...then slowly made my way around the back of the tower, expecting to get shot at any time my heart was pounding. I popped my head round to take a look up the ladder to the tower and saw 3 shooters.All of them were firing wildly out the tower and not watching their backs. My invert mini/empire prophecy hopper combination was ramped up to 14BPS!!...i unleashed hell on them,All i heard were shouts of "OK OK stop firing" and "IM HIT,IM HIT".I ordered them down as they where all out. I then made my way up into the tower, i looked across at the 2 lower towers and rained a volley of shots down onto them both. They all dived for cover, this gave my team enough time to break and advance. I kept the 2 towers pinned down long enough for us the capture them both. we won the game in less than 4 minutes, i had 5 confirmed kills. Dont you just love it when a plan comes together :D

this may seem a lot of writing but i type very fast Lol.

Thanks for reading (if you got this far)
Sounds good but just one little thing, how close were you to the three guys in the tower? Just asking because I suspect you were pretty close and I'd say what you've described falls well within the bounds of overshooting, which is a real problem. I've seen lots of kids be scared off from this sport because of people going way over the top, putting a dozen shots into them from close range, continuing to shoot even after they have clearly already been hit, and it just scares them away.

In the last event I played I ended up in a similar situation to what you've just described. Running through the middle of the area was a road with a bunker on one corner. The opposition had it, I managed to get around the back and in through the entrance which was on their side, about four or five metres away from them and while I could have chucked a load of paint at them it would have been completely over the top, so from that distance it was just a simple one shot on each and they're out without any unnecessary overshooting. Later on in the day I got into the exact same situation again but this time one of the two I recognised as being a kid of about 12 who had been playing all day, so instead of shooting him from that range I was able to walk up behind them and tell them to surrender, which is a rule that is enforced at pretty much any walk-on or big game event. Again, would have been easy to fire a load of paint at them but it would have done absolutely nothing constructive.

If you shoot somebody to the point where they're shouting "OK OK stop firing" it's a pretty safe indication that you've shot them far more than was necessary.

Reactions: Ben H

rob hemingway

Invert Mini
Sep 8, 2013
Hull
Lol. The tower was very high and they wasnt to close at all. Sometimes just one shot isnt enough, Ive know people to wipe off my 1 hit, then cover me in paint from 5ft :(. I was taking no chances when its 3 on 1 and im behind enemy lines. I understand your concern for children during the game but i only play with full grown adults and no females, on walk-on days and with friends ( were all 30 or over). I didnt shoot them until they said "stop firing" Lol that would be very unfair, and i agree it can be a problem for younger players or females. They dived into cover and i just kept them pinned down until they surrendered and i could claim the tower for my team . At the end of the day we have a good laugh at our club and nobody complains about being shot as its part of the sport. Anyone who gets scared during games, or cant handle being hit several times, needs to think about if paintball is really for them.

At least i didnt put my paintballs in the freezer the night before :D (just a joke dont freak out mate)

Thanks for your concern :)

Last edited:

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
Whats wrong with females playing? Not being funny.... There are some pretty amazing female ballers out there...(Shelly Farmer) who would slaughter most people at paintball haha. It does not matter who you are playing with SouthernP8nt is just saying don't over do it, be it male female or a younger player.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Its stories like this that make me miss the days of the great electro bps race when you couldn't come out from behind a bunker at a walk on when you were hit because the air was more paint than nitrogen.

rob hemingway

Invert Mini
Sep 8, 2013
Hull
Whats wrong with females playing? Not being funny.... There are some pretty amazing female ballers out there...(Shelly Farmer) who would slaughter most people at paintball haha. It does not matter who you are playing with SouthernP8nt is just saying don't over do it, be it male female or a younger player.
I agree

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Kept on playing in a 10 man HCL game in 1993 after my leg fell off

Still managed to shoot one of the opposing team out while I was crawling

Like your leg fell off in a game? For real? Everything else in this thread has made me upset by the apparent definition of "kick ass moments" but if this was enacted the same way I've read your post, you deserve a knighthood.

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Like your leg fell off in a game? For real? Everything else in this thread has made me upset by the apparent definition of "kick ass moments" but if this was enacted the same way I've read your post, you deserve a knighthood.
I think I remember marshalling a game you were playing Gee tee and behind a barricade you put your leg one side and came out the other side. was a funny moment and you had to be there.