Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best kinds of footwear for woodsball?

PaulBox

Oct 8, 2013
SW Herts
I'm obviously very inexperienced compared to you fellas, but from the sound of things, you run about a lot more than me... :)

To date I've been using some old Goretex walking shoes, which have been fine but a bit hot. Walking boots must get very hot on a summer's day.

Reactions: MorphMann

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
To date I've been using some old Goretex walking shoes, which have been fine but a bit hot. Walking boots must get very hot on a summer's day.

Your feet will only be getting hot in Gortex if you have the wrong socks on bud. Never wear cotton socks, but go with a wool sock as it will help your feet to breathe properly.

Reactions: PaulBox

PaulBox

Oct 8, 2013
SW Herts
Your feet will only be getting hot in Gortex if you have the wrong socks on bud. Never wear cotton socks, but go with a wool sock as it will help your feet to breathe properly.
Interesting, will look in to getting some thin (?) wool socks.

Have been using thin cotton trainer socks.

David neilson

Sep 12, 2013
Would never of though of football boots for this one but what works best, I wear pull on steel toed Dr martins for work, comfortable, steel toe, waterproof, anti-slip(supposedly) and up past the ankles, may try those when I play. Anyone tried these before ?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Would never of though of football boots for this one but what works best, I wear pull on steel toed Dr martins for work, comfortable, steel toe, waterproof, anti-slip(supposedly) and up past the ankles, may try those when I play. Anyone tried these before ?
Only problem with pull on ones might be them pulling off your foot as you run through mud.

Reactions: MorphMann

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
ankle boots should be alright, but a proper sized boot that goes onto your shin would be alot more secure and give alot of ankle support which id recommend especially on boggy and tough terrain and ankle injuries are easy to get if you slip or twist

Tom Swire

Senior Grey Goose
Aug 22, 2013
gloucestershire
i like astro terf shoes, cheap, plenty of grip and very flexible, but they dont grip down as much as other heavier boots, so it makes them ideal for quick dashes, only draw back is when its wet, they tend to clog up and ive fallen over many a time in the wet because of this, also there not great when you hit a big water puddle, having said that i still prefer them to boots for manuverability and comfort, hope this helps!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I suppose it all depends on your woods, there's a lot of rocks / exposed tree roots where I play so anything with studs wouldn't work. If your woods is all fairly flat grass / soil then football boots might work.