Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Loader for a New Player?

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
Sorry to hijack. - I have a bog standard grav fed hopper with a bit of a gully to help the balls. In the terms of fire rate for my omega am I gonna see much of an increase if I upgrade to something like this?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You won't get an increase in ROF by changing hopper, however with a force fed hopper you can be confident a ball will be ready

If you are able to shoot as many balls as you pull the trigger for then your hopper is meeting your ROF

With the gully you don't really have a basic gravity feed, you have a next generation gravity feed

Excluding unusual things such as spring feeds and the qloader the basic hierarchy of hoppers is:

True basic gravity - balls drop at a maximum of the speed of gravity, but can be jammed if two or three balls meet at the top of the neck, if the paint is sweaty / greasy this may aid jams, but as long as you are moving or the gun has a bit of a kick then the one or two balls ahead will be ready and you will dislodge the jam in time. These hoppers gave the term 'shake and bake' to ensure that balls are separated
If you have a gun with eyes to ensure a ball is ready then it will just refuse to shoot until a ball is in the breach, this prevents chopping because a ball is still dropping when you fire

Next in the pecking order (but not in timeline) is the anti jam gravity hopper (eg proto primo) the shelf or gully adds another stage making a longer channel of balls ready to feed. So jams should not cause a break. These are a good buy and have value for the player who is not shooting ropes, and don't have batteries to fail

The next generation, which is the electric agitated hopper, still relies on gravity to feed but had some form of agitation. Probably with a switch or sensor in its feedneck that identifies a gap in paint (and thus a jam or an empty hopper) and starts the electric motor to shuffle the balls and release a jam
This still does not promote any bps, but if the battery runs out at least it reverts to being a gravity hopper

The final stage is the force fed hopper. These run on batteries with the exception of the qloader which is spring loaded at the pod, and a force feed with a flat battery - which may have a manual option.
A force fed hopper with a flat battery is useless, all you can do is manually wind the balls in if you have that option
But the benefit of a force feed is to increase the guarantee of a ball being ready, it is literally forced down into the breach, so as the bolt goes back the next ball is pushed into place and you know it is ready unless your bolt is cycling faster then the hopper can feed

If you don't get chops, or miss fed balls then you don't need to upgrade. But going to a force feed now without needing to go top of the range can give you peace of mind and future proofing for your next gun

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
Thanks for clarifying. Not had my gun on a field yet. Just gaining an understanding

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Connor Nourse

The Viking
Apr 16, 2014
i would definitely recommend the rotor, no need to get one brand new, see if you can pick up a cheap second hand one somewhere... i'm still pretty new to the sport aswel but the rotor is hands down the best on the market!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
i would definitely recommend the rotor, no need to get one brand new, see if you can pick up a cheap second hand one somewhere... i'm still pretty new to the sport aswel but the rotor is hands down the best on the market!
I would say no

Going straight from an 'enhanced' gravity hopper to a rotor, especially for someone who has not even shot their gun yet in game is bad advice

A cheap second hand rotor does not exist, they go for £80 second hand, but a new halo too is under £65
http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/p1658/Empire_Halo_Too_paintball_hopper/product_info.html

The rotor is a desireable force feed hopper and a key feature that is always quoted is how easily it can be stripped to clean and deal with hopper breaks. (How often do you deal with hopper breaks?)
The rotor is not the only force feed hopper, nor the only premium force feed hopper
The halo too is also not the only affordable, reliable & excellent force feed hopper

Connor Nourse

The Viking
Apr 16, 2014
I would say no

Going straight from an 'enhanced' gravity hopper to a rotor, especially for someone who has not even shot their gun yet in game is bad advice

A cheap second hand rotor does not exist, they go for £80 second hand, but a new halo too is under £65
http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/p1658/Empire_Halo_Too_paintball_hopper/product_info.html

The rotor is a desireable force feed hopper and a key feature that is always quoted is how easily it can be stripped to clean and deal with hopper breaks. (How often do you deal with hopper breaks?)
The rotor is not the only force feed hopper, nor the only premium force feed hopper
The halo too is also not the only affordable, reliable & excellent force feed hopper

no need to get all hasty i was just giving him my advice based on my experience and the rotors do go cheap depending on where you get them and i've never had a break yet so....
and he did say his broken so i think that just proves how unreliable they are...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
no need to get all hasty i was just giving him my advice based on my experience and the rotors do go cheap depending on where you get them and i've never had a break yet so....
and he did say his broken so i think that just proves how unreliable they are...
Bit of an oops situation here with my response, and multiple directions of threads.

I was thinking more towards xanthiax's post asking about other hoppers and not having played with his setup yet, and liams posts were clearly speedposting.

You got the brunt of my early morning thoughts

Reactions: Gaz #68

Connor Nourse

The Viking
Apr 16, 2014
Bit of an oops situation here with my response, and multiple directions of threads.

I was thinking more towards xanthiax's post asking about other hoppers and not having played with his setup yet, and liams posts were clearly speedposting.

You got the brunt of my early morning thoughts
no worries