Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

best tank reg combo for empire axe

jon1tribal

Feb 21, 2012
sheffield, south yorkshire ,england
im getting a new 68/4500 tank i quite like the look of guerrilla g2 but heard regs not so great tends to leak and have seen these fuel/safer tanks ultra lite n combo it up with ninja ultralite.also in the axe manual it says recommends 450/550 tank output but will work with 800 psi wats the difference and anyone got any experience with these regs n durability ect

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
There have been many reports of players using the Myth/Myth 2 regs that leaked. I myself have owned 3 in the past of which 2 have leaked and still own 1 which has had no problems.
The problem lies with the small oring on the piston of the reg. Some were fine, some looked like they were either smaller or worn down.

I bought these from LIPs, and with there awsome customer service and aftercare, they sent me out replacement parts, which was a new piston with the oring fitted, they even sent out a small amount of air-smith grease(very thick stuff) in a small sealed bag to apply on the oring.
Never had a problem with them since. Several team mates have been using Myth 2's without problems for over 12 months now, so the issue may have been retified by now.

If your still not sure, then give LIPs a call, im almost certain they can do a Geurrilla bottle and the new Ninja reg combo.

Reactions: jon1tribal

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Give Jon/Chris a call at LIPs mate. They have been in the business for years, they will look after you :)

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Hi Jon, the trouble is , all Regs are good now , there isn`t really one better than another other than weight . I think you must look at yourself as to how tall you are > if your around 5`6" then yes a Myth reg is the best ( shortest ) If your around 5`10" then a Nynja reg ( which is slightly longer ) if your above these heights then use a Dye or any other these lengths as with each of those Heights there is a difference in arm length , If you bare in mind the ease of handling your marker, Up to you mate.

Reactions: jon1tribal

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
At 5`10" you`ve made a good choice, I shoot an AXE and can tell you that you shouldn`t need to adjust the reg, just put it on and go. the Nynja Reg has shims in so to Lower the PSI if you have a gun that shoots at a Lower pressure such as a Bob long and the like. Most guns shoot at the pressures given by any bottle Reg, However I`ve found that the AXE is so cool , It can shoot on any reg high or low. If in the future you go for a Myth reg ( just in case ) they come with a spring that gives High to Middle Pressure, If you specifically want a low Pressure you must ask at say ( lips ) for a low pressure spring, It`s as easy as that !!