Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Way To Hold Your Gun?

EdibleRanger

Paintballer Anoymous.
Aug 21, 2007
I know this is a bit of a stupid question, because its probably down to person taste, but i see experienced players use their fingers on their left hand to help stable their markers.

Where do you position your gun and hands, to get the best accuracy.

I Also use the bottle like it's a stock, is there a better position to hold my Marker?

I'm right handed and use my left had to stable the gun, but should i use my index fingers to stable the top half of my gun?

Edible.

PS. I'm fed Up of holding my marker like a newbie, I've been playing for over a year, took me nearly a year to realise that holding the gun like AL pacino isn't a good idea.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
With the pointey end away from you........unless your on the team i'm about to play then it's with the pointey end towards you and fingers near the trigger.:D

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
OR...... we could actually help the guy out? Try and get some photos of pro's of the net, run a google image search on Ollie Lang etc, that should give you some clues. You should be using your left hand, it should be holding your front reg (or vice versa if you're a lefty) with your right hand actually holding the gun. I find if I put the back of my bottle just under/on my right collarbone, then look throught the gun, (over the body THROUGH the feedneck) that's the best way to hold it.

But then what would I know, I was sh*t.

;)

sam-the-tramp

Jul 7, 2007
UK- Scun.thorpe
how not to hold a marker

if u are shooting whilst on the run do not have the marker resting on(or pressed into) your shoulder
if you do this the marker will bounce as you step, therefore you will not be able to keep the marker aimed at a target
hold it further to the centre of your chest as this cushions the impact and allows you to keep your marker more steady

hope this helps
=]