Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

best way to not fog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
Dye mask is alot better than the annex. As said don't touch the inside of lense. After each day just rinse under tap with warm water. Leave to air dry. Just wipe any water marks off once dry. The more you rub the inside of lense the quicker the coating wears. I always change lense once a year. I've never have fogging issues.

Graham Eastes

May 24, 2013
Don't used soap... My friend once used a thin layer of soap on the lens, but then wiped it and then couldn't see out it ha

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
I just got something called Cat Crap (seriously haha) off eBay which is an anti-fog coating. Haven't tested it yet myself but might be worth a shot.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Don't mess with a functioning anti fog thermal lens

When it needs something better use cat crap etc.
Rainex will work but should not be used on plastics, it's designed for glass

An alternative is to use a fan. You can either pay for a fan designed for your goggles or for much less make one with a small computer fan and a battery

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
As above post by tommikka: Do NOT use Rain-X on plastics, it even says it on the bottle. You might end up compromising the strength of the plastic protecting your eyes.

Also... just add in a fan. you can even wire one up yourself. I used two 25mm fans on my JT Flex 8's and I never once fogged up, and the best bit... utterly silent, and not enough to dry your eyes either. Even when I was sweating like a mad man, not a hint of the misty stuff. They work a lot better than the manufacturer products and quieter.

Or.. get better goggles with better venting. i4's are pretty darn good (but offer less facial protection.)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I've fitted fan kits to two of my goggles - JT flex and Vforce. One has FANZ and the other was a DIY kit from ebay.Both kits work really well and not fogged since they were installed. May upgrade battery pack on the DIY kit to a 9V PP3 cell, as the 2 x 1.5V AA pack it came with don't last very long.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-EZ-Creations-DF-20-Anti-Fog-Paintball-Airsoft-Goggle-Goggles-Mask-Fan-Fanz-/160979602695
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIY-Double-Fan-kit-Prevent-fog-Paintball-mask-goggle-/110640586102

I also use this defog on my glasses as a back-up
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muc-Off-M214-Anti-Fog-Treatment/dp/B00167S7HO/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Last edited:

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
As above post by tommikka: Do NOT use Rain-X on plastics, it even says it on the bottle. You might end up compromising the strength of the plastic protecting your eyes.
Yep - is specified on label for glass only and definitely not to be used on high impact plastics

http://www.rainx.com/tips-information/faqs/

Motorcycle visors have been damaged (cloudy, milky effect or weakened and made brittle) by using Rain X on them

Last edited:

tombut716

Team Proteus Founder & UKPSF Member #5993
May 13, 2013
Cheshire
I got a pair of i4s off here and tried them out the other day. What can I say, no fogging whatsoever! Briliant mask too, £90 is that price for avreason and if it keeps you able to see all day then well worth the price!

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
GeeTee > 9V batteries have very low capacity (500mah is typical). Those two AA batteries are probably struggling to power the fan you put in as most are 5V to 12V's (I'm surprised it starts up!). I'd recommend 4 (6V) or 6 (9V) AA batteries which would give you around 2000mah capacity. The standard 9V battery is not really suitable for constant usage, only really for when you REALLY need to save weight and space, or when the fan is only on intermittantly. I find it's better to run a cable to the helmet and hold the batteries in a seperate pouch with an on/off button/switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.