Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bit of help needed! (Regarding tanks + reg pressure)

Chas662

all round dickhead.
Dec 20, 2014
Salisbury
Hi guys, im picking up a luxe 2.0 this Friday, but dont quite have enough cash to pick up a new cf tank just now, can i use my steelie on the Luxe for this weekend, im not sure of the reg output, any way to find out - cant see it written on it, its just a standard Empire steelie.

Cheers!

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
If you've got a spare gauge knocking about, preferably one that goes to about 1200 psi, screw it onto an ASA or oops and screw it on the bottle, it'll show you what the output is. An oops is best because you can purge it to take it off, also you can check the reg recharge rate by turning it on and off quickly.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi guys, im picking up a luxe 2.0 this Friday, but dont quite have enough cash to pick up a new cf tank just now, can i use my steelie on the Luxe for this weekend, im not sure of the reg output, any way to find out - cant see it written on it, its just a standard Empire steelie.

Cheers!
The luxe manual is available at
http://www.luxepaintball.com/index.php/downloads/category/3-luxe-2-0-documentation?download=8:luxe-2-0-owners-manual

This will assure you that like the majority of paintball guns you can use a wide range of input pressures, the guns own regulator manages the operating pressure

The type of cylinder has no bearing on the output pressure, and the markings do not relate to the output pressure. (You will find markings relating to the working pressure that a cylinder should take, and the failure pressure that you should obvously not attempt, that's for the hydro tester)
3000psi aluminium and 4509psi fibres only relate to the maximum pressure that the cylinder is designed to be filled to

The regulator fitted to the cylinder governs the output pressure, originally at approx 800 to 850psi which related to the pressure of co2 gas, so was the 'right' output pressure for the adoption of compressed air

The average cylinder regulator these days will output in the region of 600 to 650psi
This is the optimum recommended for the luxe but it can take higher pressures

PoloRolo

"We Kill Suckers" - Russian Legion
Dec 4, 2015
West Yorkshire
if you buy a new tank (at some point), consider something bigger as i heard Luxe 2.0 isnt very efficient

Chas662

all round dickhead.
Dec 20, 2014
Salisbury
Cheers for the help guys, havnt managed to get over to pick up the Luxe yet anyway and I should be getting a cf tank before I do get the luxe so I wont even bother with the steelie and ill just use a proper tank :)