Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bluey. Michael Blewett Died 2nd April 2013

JulesB

Keep It Sweet!
Sep 17, 2003
Cornwall
Visit site
Hi All, not been on here for quite a while, but I found out today that a fellow paintballer passed away in April.

Bluey was well known on the scene a few years ago and played for many teams. He was captain of Blitz, but when they disbanded played now and again for Cool As Ice (based in Truro Cornwall). This was the team I was playing for, with Kell and Luke from Pirate Paintball. We had some great times and interesting times, like any good team! Bluey was happy to join in when needed - all he wanted to do was play ball. We were both invited by Spreadz (Nigel ex-Reign of Fire) to join 2Hott4U (late 2006). This is probably when most of you would have remembered him best. Loads of ball. Great times! Bluey was never the quickest on the field but usually one of the last out!!

I spent many hours in a car with Bluey, travelling to and from Penzance, and many nights in travel lodges. He was a great player and anyone who has met him will remember what a larger than life character he was. I remember playing Campaign Cup in Birmingham NEC in 2005, he was supposed to play for Cool As Ice, but at the last moment there was a mix up and wasn't needed. This really pissed him off and he ended up playing for a team called Grumpy old Men. Unfortunately for us, we where drawn against them and a very determined Bluey went through us like a dose of salts. It was over in seconds and we were out of the competition!

He will plays be remembered by Spreadz and me as someone who would always be the ready to play no matter what and was never fazed by any team or player.

He died peacefully in Trelisk Hospital Truro on the 2nd April 2013 and will be missed by us old if you have any photos, stories anything just stick them up on this thread.

Keep it Sweet

Jules Ex Mr Beans, Cool As Ice ( Still a member of 2Hott4U maybe we will return one day.

Last edited:
Turned my world upside down when Jules rang me with this awful news. As owner/captain of 2hott4u it made my life easier having Bluey on board. He was one of my best friends in my later paintball life. If any of you have read my facebook you already know what I thought of Bluey. He was always there and looking after me first, then the team. I spoke to him about problems and he was always along with Jules, the ones who had my back. He was an older brother/father figure to me for many years. I loved this guy for all he done for me, my son and the team. I used to meet him in Taunton for a drink and always had him at the end of the phone if ever I needed him. If it wasn't for him, Jules, Sean, Numpty and a few others, 2hott4u would of never lasted as long as it did. I lost contact with Bluey over the last few years and I'm really sorry I let our friendship slide.
Love you loads Bluey, wherever you are. Rest in Peace my friend!
Nige

(not to be confused with Bluey from Care Bears)

Reactions: Care_Bears

JulesB

Keep It Sweet!
Sep 17, 2003
Cornwall
Visit site
Cheers NigH (god I haven't done that in ages Ha Ha)

Great words from you there Nige. I think he was in a less than good place towards the end and I know he would have preferred us to remember him as he was He was only 49 and died of septicaemia caused by an abscess in his back not a nice way to go. He only lived 5 mins away from me but I haven't (sorry had) seen him since Christmas . Passed him a few times early in the year driving the other way and we text each other now and again. It's not a friend ship lost its just one of those things he was always a very personal guy and hardly ever opened up unless it was about paintball. We where all there but he chose not to let us know for his own reasons. His immediate family also kept it quite as I don't think they wanted a load of people at the funeral. So all I can say his we love him to bits and respect his wishes. All my love and hope you find what your looking for on the other side. Don't forget to keep playingx

I have recently edited this as never type information given by third parties never a good idea. Are thoughts are most definately with his family and son Jack..

Last edited:

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
RIP.

Knew him mostly by his reputation from his Cool as Ice and 2 hott days. Top bloke, top Baller.

Cheers Craig P

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Bluey was the only other Bluey other than myself that I Knew , and had a lot of respect for him, God Bless you mate !!
I bet you stir them up at Heavens gate !! Pleasure to have known You !!! RIP

Nice Post Nige

wurzle

Feb 19, 2012
Hi all

I knew bluey from years back , i think i'm right in saying mine was the first team he played for "the unknown " the first time we met was up at Nigel Squires site in Taunton on a traning day . he was looking lost wondering around with his auto-mag in his hand, but he soon got to know us all and became one of the team .
Bluey was always there at team meetings, and i never really got over committed he was to drive all the way up from cornwall for team meetings. I always appreciated that, and when it was time to sort out the bill at the end of the day bluey was alwas there "just like a walking calculator " to help with the math!
I think after the "unknown" bluey went on to play for the hill billys, but whenever i saw bluey at a tourny we would always have a chat , it normally would start with bluey saying in a ( conish accent ) aaarrrr!!

R.I.P mate
Till next time
Pete (Captain of the Unknown)

Last edited: