The Home Of European Paintball

Bluey. Michael Blewett Died 2nd April 2013

darm

Coach- Taunton Snatch Uk
Jul 6, 2001
Devon (UK)
www.facebook.com
A message from....

Paul LockeRip bluey ,remember you very well from your days of old guesting for hillbillies with Kev paul and working your way up though the south west teams .not one to mince your words and tell them as it was.i remember the day we were coming back from at tournament on the out skirts of London and you were tell Mike Stanton that is driving was bad. We had got back to Weston super mare for the second part of the trip only for us to leave Weston ,got buy the hospital on the big round about ,only for you. To knock the hospital porter of his push bike . This always made me laugh . God bless you bluey . If anyone that reads this post lives down that way ,please pass on my condolence to his family .

JulesB

Keep It Sweet!
Sep 17, 2003
Cornwall
Visit site
Thank you to everyone who has stopped to think of Bluey I'm sure his family would appreciate it. I have edited one of my earlier threads as you should never type information given by a third party.

Again if anyone has any video footage long or short or photos please could you let me know.

Keep it Sweet at all times

If I have learned anything from all of this it's as follows (if your feeling crap definately get yourself checked it might be boughing but you never know

BlitzSteve

Jun 13, 2015
Apologies for the threadomancy, but I found out today whilst playing rec paintball as part of a stag weekend that Bluey had passed away.
I knew Bluey for 5 or so years when he was captain of Blitz. This was back around 2000-2005. We'd played paintball at Kev Paul's old site near Penzance and were eager to start a team. Kev introduced us to Bluey and we formed Blitz.
Bluey was a force of nature and he was the core of Blitz. If it wasn't for Bluey, Blitz wouldn't have stayed together for as long as we did. Differing life paths forced the team apart and I kept in sporadic contact with Bluey for a couple of years, but hadn't spoken to him for at least 8 years.

I will always remember Campaign Cup 2001 (I still have the t-shirt). We stayed at a travel lodge in Croydon and at the end of the first day, went to the club that was next door. Bluey went on a rampage until the only words that we could identify as English were 'drink' and 'now'. I then had to share a room with a very drunk Bluey and another member of the team. At one point, their snoring was so loud that I retreated to the bathroom to try to sleep with a pillow over my head. It didn't work. The walls were vibrating with the sheer level of noise, I very nearly committed an act of violence that night.

Not that I would ever wish harm on Blue. When I first met my now wife, back in 2001, Bluey found out she disliked hairy men, he promptly grabbed her hand and forced her to luxuriate in his pelt. He also gave me the advice one day to look after her because she was special, something I've never forgotten because it was the closest Bluey ever came to talking about 'feelings'.

Campaign Cup was also the the event where we were matched against an American mash-up team with Chris La Soya and Olly Lang in it. I feel proud because we held them for 9 1/2 minutes. Bluey and I were the last men in our team. Olly Lang (I think) picked me off whilst trading paint from my positioning front of Bluey. I then had the pleasure of watching Chris move up to mug Bluey, who was in the back-right coke can. I was s#*^^*•% myself because I thought Bluey was done for. However, he backed up from the coke can and started circling, gun up, to the side Chris was coming around. Both had their guns up ready as they ce around the can together. Bluey fired first and shot Chris in the throat at a range of about a metre and a half. Chris also lit up Bluey, but the Marshall (correctly) judged that Bluey had fired first. Chris went ape and threw his toys out of the pram. We lost the game, but Bluey eliminating Chris aka Soya made it count as a victory.

He was a man in the truest sense of the word. Brave, determined, loyal, kind, generous, empathic, intelligent and very funny. He always was the 'rock' in Blitz. More than one team broke themselves against him. My heartfelt condolences go to his wife and son. Although I hadn't spoken to him in years, I will miss him deeply.

Peace,

Steve