Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bottle, Stock or Nothing at all?

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
depends what you use...

i run:

sp8 with long barrel kit (and almost no stock parts...) - too damn heavy for having a bottle on, so use remote and stock - it looks the mutts nutts for scenario.

ego06 lightweight and perfect for using with the bottle and cover as it allows me to shoot off handed without a damn line in the way.

as for the ion, i'd run it with a bottle and cover, that way the guys and gals will have something for alol occasions.

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Deffo not nuffink

Unless your marker has some weight to it, you may find that using it without a stock or a bottle would make the marker unstable when you are trying to aim and of course shoot.

I run an Ion, and so am very happy to have the bottle on it and effectively use it as a stock. However for players using SP8's or mod'd Tippmans etc, the marker can get weighty when some of the cosmetic mil sim up's are placed on it, and it makes sense at that point to best use a stock and run the bottle remote.

Basically tourney type markers such as Ion's, Ego's, DM's... etc, should be ok with a bottle on, however mil sim markers are perhaps best with a stock and remote line. Make your choices.

If your still not sure, go to your local pball store and have a chat with them, and they should give you the best advice for your style of play.

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
With my cockers I have always used a remote and a stock.
Less weight on the gun, tighter profile as no bottle to get under your arm and a stock to steady your gun when howling in the paint.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I uses to run a coiled remote for years when guns were running on CO2. The 20oz bottles were much heavier than a 1.1L HPA when full, and it was also hard to keep liquid CO2 out of a semi unless you ran expansions + anti syphon valves.

Now days I run on gun rigs with fibre wrapped HPA 1.1L tanks, as there's no real advantage to a remote rig anymore. I still take the time to get the right ASA/drop/rail combo to put the tank where I want it, and always run a decent quality cover to protect it from damage.