Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bounce vest

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
Some people love them others hate them I use one for marshaling in and playing in might not stop the brittle paint from breaking but helps to stop me going home looking battered lol I use a planet one

Reactions: cheffy81

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
What about other pads (arm pads, knee pads) or are they too restrictive
I've used arm pads but don't bother anymore I've only used knee pads a couple of times as I find then to restrictive a lot of my team use knee pads and wouldn't play without them

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
What about other pads (arm pads, knee pads) or are they too restrictive
If you're thinking of promoting bounce then it all depends on the specific item

The primary job of knee and elbow pads is to protect your knees and elbows
If you're going to be diving then they are essential, but even if you're just going to crawl turn I seriously recommend them

Take care of your elbows and knees

If you open the following wiki page on bursitis / students elbow / plumbers elbow then you will see what can happen to an elbow

It's not a pretty picture and I had an elbow exactly like the photo shown. At the time I was in the middle of a restructuring study and was going through the jobs of about 150 people working along the chain for me and another few hundred around the country. Long hours and lots of desk work
After going through a swollen and infected elbow I then bought arm pads which I use for anytime I may crawl

My knees are pretty screwed (not caused by speedball diving). Just abusing my body
I've had many twists, falls, sprains etc over the years
A couple of years ago i was getting something from the backseat of my car and then turned away - problem was I left my feet facing the car and managed to turn my knees around, my knees didn't like it so I heard a crunching noise as I collapsed and luckily managed to fall into the car

I now use leg braces when I'm doing anything particularly active. No good for paintball diving or bounces - but they stop me screwing my knees anymore

Don't go thinking that you're fine with a young body and toms just an old cripple - take care now and you won't be having old man aches and pains

(Warning - scary elbow photo linked below)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olecranon_bursitis

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I use a bounce vest and arm pads.
Grind arm pads and eclipse vest, i think it takes the sting out a shot.

Last edited:

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
i wear arm pads, knee pads, slide shorts and a bounce vest, helps with the welts and also when im crawling or kneeling, only thing is i find i get hot in the warm weather but nothing to bad

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
So do slide shorts protect the never region cos groin shots hurt
Again - possibly depending on design, but as slide shorts they are padded to the side to protect your hips etc

These are something that I don't wear*. I prefer freedom and comfort, using baggy trousers as my protection, and if you have paintball specific trousers then they are likely to be loose and baggy plus padded and in the case of my laysicks at least have an extra panel across the crotch
As underwear in general I wear trunk style shorts giving me the right balance of freedom and support

* my exception is that when I am playing indoor/cqb games I wear my normal underwear plus a pair of cricket shorts over those and a cricket box in them

cheffy81

Jun 26, 2012
Again - possibly depending on design, but as slide shorts they are padded to the side to protect your hips etc

These are something that I don't wear*. I prefer freedom and comfort, using baggy trousers as my protection, and if you have paintball specific trousers then they are likely to be loose and baggy plus padded and in the case of my laysicks at least have an extra panel across the crotch
As underwear in general I wear trunk style shorts giving me the right balance of freedom and support

* my exception is that when I am playing indoor/cqb games I wear my normal underwear plus a pair of cricket shorts over those and a cricket box in them
I might have to invest i a cricket box then lol