Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Bounce vests.... Your opinions??

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Buck_lad, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Rakz Active Member

Rakz
    Message Count:
    I borrowed a bounce vest first time i play, ive never been so hot in my life i had to take it off, didnt really notice any difference in the bouce rate either. Id rather be cooler while playing instead of been really hot.

Currently im playing in a long sleeve top i bought from sports direct for £2.99 only downside is i come out black and blue after a days worth of paint balling! Id much rather use the money on knee pads than bounce vest as my knees dont look healthy at all today (played on Sat)

2. MrJerryCan Active Member

MrJerryCan
    Message Count:
    Don't bother, not really worth it

3. TomE94 Fe!

TomE94
    Message Count:
    Just to add to the great response, I used to wear one and just overheated, much more comfortable playing without

4. Magic Rat Swansea Draguns

Magic Rat
    Message Count:
    Doesn't hurt!
    Hurts me,been shot in the fatty bit above pod pouch a few times,needed to have a little sit down!
    Getting shot on the mesh bit on pants inner leg is also fun.
    Makes you feel alive.:rolleyes:

Bertz likes this.
  5. John Munro Scouse29

John Munro
    Message Count:
    I'm relatively new to the game but I think they take the fun out ov it yeah it gona hurt but man up or go play airsoft lol

6. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    It's not necessarily a matter of manning up

In the woods etc I would say just wear loose clothing, but if it gets people playing then they are worth wearing to give them confidence to go out and play
    But out in the woods it's just another layer to get you hot

In tournament play you should probably wear them - especially players who are going to be heading out to the front and bunkering / being bunkered. People will be wanting them for a couple of reasons - one of the 2 layers permitted, the slight chance of getting bounces, the padding will normally be on sensitive areas such as kidneys

In tournament for marshals and photographers the marshals go directly into the line of fire paint checking players etc, when photographing I get battered to hell on the sidelines - and especially when I lean in to get photos over a players shoulders
    Unlike players, marshals and photographers are constantly shot - players are shot and walk away

I'm no wimp, when it's hot you'll find me playing scenario in a t-shirt, photographing a tournament in a media vest, but in the cold or at the start of a day I'll probably have a t shirt, bounce vest, tournament jersey and media vest on top
    If you shoot my little finger or shoot me when I'm cold wet and miserable then I'll bitch like hell - but still lean into the lane of paint being shot past the player whilst I try and get that shot

* airsoft is soft - however the first time I was shot by an airsoft pellet / ball was into the back of my head from less than 6 foot when knelt down just inside a building facing the players inside whilst photographing / marshalling an urban event
    I let out a yell before realising it didn't actually hurt

shoaibaktar likes this.
  7. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    In truth ,I know of no one today who plays tournie and wear a vest.Since the chest is only an occasional hit point.But you are spot on Tom .I have photographed/videoed and along with a bit of reffing taken a lot of hits all over.Anyone close to a player would definitely benefit from a vest.As these people have no large bunker in front .Media and refs are on field full time and take more hits than the players to do their important jobs in paintball.

Tom likes this.
  8. John Munro Scouse29

John Munro
    Message Count:
    Yeah I get were your coming from ppls doin there jobs n that but I think the fact ov getting hit spares players on to not get hit even tho its inevitable but each to there own tbh iv not tried 1 so can only judge being hit with out and after the initial paranoia it doesn't bother me as much now

9. danlaws1895 Platinum Member

danlaws1895
    Message Count:
    I love it. Little hot in summer honestly

10. KingAresIV Member

KingAresIV
    Message Count:
    Famous words from my friend when I asked this question: "I am my own bounce vest".