Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

break out

Legion

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
how do you guys and girls break out? this is 1 thing my team needs to improove on. we usually just run to the barricade and then start shooting, but i know its alot better to walk/power walk to te barricade wilst shooting.

so can i get some input on how you front, mid and back players break out.

cheers.

Pureball

NSPL Ref
Oct 10, 2004
Devon, UK
Visit site
bit of a generalised question really, as your breakout is dictated by the field layout.

the old classic: get Dynasty Dysected. they cover breakouts with diagrams and explain why they go there in the first place. easier than us trying to explain it all, as it would take ages.

but you say you just run to your barricade and start shooting. no offense but am i right in that you get slaughtered in the first 15 seconds of the game? why? guns up and firing is essential. we never believed it until we did it once for a laugh and the end of a leg which we couldnt win anyway, and we maxed the best team in our division (no carl, it wasnt me that shot you in the back, no matter what you say!)

it slows you down but it also slows THEM down. theyre more reluctant to keep their heads down and focus on getting into their bunkers, less likely to fire back and less likely to push important bunkers, simply because theyd be forced to fly through a rope of paint.

just send a stream of paint through a gap, attempting to have someone run through it before they get to their bunker. sure you may not hit him, but he'll keep his head in long enough for you to get to your own bunker without getting lit up :D

OddJob

Photographer
Oct 28, 2004
North Essex
I used to make a mental run for back positions as well, but now we break, put a line of paint in to positions you expect people to be running through in the next 3-4 seconds and then make a break to the primary. That's just for backs though, fronts can have to be faster.

But guns up getting paint down is the best thing, getting them before they get behind their bouncy castles, rattle them with loads of paint.

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
back players need to lay down as much paint as they can where you think the opposition are goin to run into while the front players, it heading for the 50 or snake can just keep their heads down and sprint to their primary.

The-Baron

Really Old School
Sep 17, 2002
Im like Polyfilla I fill cracks
Breakout

A mik of just runners and Shooters seems to work best
bunker Monkeys might be better off just getting to there cover.
Look for shooting lanes between bunkers along the length of the field
most player shoot right handed so the left handed side of the field will generally take more paint..so from your end try your longer Runs to avoid that side of the field...small difference can count fo a lot on the breakout..Just practice the first 5 10 secs of your start game shooting at a large board at the opposit end see waht works best
More speed less accuracy
Or more Accuracy and less speed
Robbo

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
A really good breakout woudl be where you have stopped all their players getting to their intended front bunkers and some back bunkers, and your team has got to all of their intended bunkers.

As in dynasty disected, you have to think of where thry will want to break out to, then lay lanes according to that to try and stop their players getting there and making sure the path ur guys are taking is clear of paint!

Jon C

Do you play with balls?
Feb 1, 2005
Whore house
www.ontargetpaintball.co.uk
We normally have our snake guy running and the other 4 guns shooting both lanes and shooters depending on the field. a good way of doing it is to actually get 1 or 2 players to drop to there knees and empty a hopper before moving to there primary as most people shoot chest height off the break and very little paint touches you when your a couple of feet off the ground.

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
the breakout is personal to the field like somone said. the best thing to do is find a blind spot close to the start grid, run to it shoot the hell out of a lane then carry on to your bunker. really though you learn through experiance, after a while youll learn how long you can stand and sweet spot and how long you cant, its all a learning curve really.

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Lets be fair the breakout has one purpose - take as many f*ckers out to give you the upper hand -

Now heres the science bit... your break out is obviously the best way to kill mass amounts in a quick time, why because you have this great mass ok blabby bodies standing in front of a fence.. only issue is they can see exactly the same as you.....

Ok fields do slightly differ how you aproach Your breakout but in general you should be guaging the nice happy medion of moving and shooting - if you just run to your primary your loosing those valuble seconds where you have the opposition at a crucial point. and the same with sweet spotting - ok this is a little more versatile to the field your playing but no c**t can stand in open ground laning without copping out.. Ok your argument of using you gun as cover may work to an extent but if you think about it most fields will have 2 lanes coming cross into the break out point and you can only face one way at a time..

So the biggy to this is the skill of running and shooting, if you cant do it very well... simple... work on it, its not easy cutting the corner with this one

Hope that helps

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Depending on how many players you have on the field should guide you're breakout tactic. In my mind you should cut a fine balance between reaching your primary asap and putting down paint and slowing down their movements/hopefully eliminating at least one. In a 5v5 I think that in most circumstances at least 2 players should go for fast breaks to gain the width of the field, leaving the other 3 players to put down the majority of the fire, obviously if those 2 players playing tape are good shots on the run then they will play an invaluable role too. but moving and shooting is a critical skill which practice will benefit ;)