Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Budget Guns?

benepv

Aug 13, 2011
UK
Yes I would also suggest buying second hand to get better value for your money. However, you can the gryphon for less then £70 brand new. If you are new to starting paintball then let's be honest, they're not bad little entry-level markers especially for such a low price. It's essentially a Tippmann 98 but with a different shell. So if you are on a very tight budget then go for something like the gryphon or the spyder and save up for something better in the long run. Also, you'll have more money to spend on paint!

Peter Cross

Mar 17, 2015
Lots of people are saying the tippmann gryphon should be avoided at all costs but why should it can someone pick out why its so bad please

benepv

Aug 13, 2011
UK
Lots of people are saying the tippmann gryphon should be avoided at all costs but why should it can someone pick out why its so bad please
I wouldn't say that it's a bad marker at all for a beginner. Yes, it's made out of plastic not metal but plastic is a lot lighter anyway. Maitenance is probably a little hard to do as its quite hard to disassemble and resemble. Lastly, it looks cheap and ugly. But for that price it would be fine until you can afford to upgrade. As I already said, it's essentially a Tippmann 98 with a different body. You could drop this thing in a muddy puddle pick it back up and it would shoot fine.

iValetUK

Apr 9, 2015
I've seen a proto rail for 170 brand new although second hand in the same price range there is so much choice if you find a good one

jason ambrose

Jun 16, 2012
In my opinion, if you are careful with the purchase, your best bet it to buy second hand. Its likely you'll end up with a better marker than a new cheap brand if that makes sense.

The first marker I bought was a second hand Mini, I got it for a very good price and couldnt have been happier with it as a starter marker. Better than something like a tippmann

nick "the shadow cat"

Illegitimi non carborundum
Jun 23, 2014
Sorry to hijack a thread but a lot of people also slate the spyder fenix but why? It seems ideal, electric and caperble of taking c02. It would seem to be an ideal first gun. I know a lot of people use air now but doesn't this mean no field is out of bounds?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
It's electric, but still a seer tripping blowback. Lots of noise, lots of kick and poor accuracy and efficiency. Also, because of the pancake solenoid, a bugger on batteries.