Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Building a (cheap) Sniper/Carbine style marker

Ahriman Wolf

Feb 24, 2015
Warrington, England
Ok guys so basically me a few (2-3) Friends have decided to build a Paintball Sniper, but we don't want to buy a ready built model, instead we are planning to BUILD one from scratch using parts from online and materials (steels and plastics) but the thing is I can't seem to find any internals online, could anyone help us out with that and the construction process?

Ok so an update here, we plan on using the Tippmann Cronus Basic for our base, we will probably use most of what it already has as well as adding thing on to it to increase it's size (not going for a small marker here trying to make it big on purpose) this should give us a good starting point for what we are aiming to achieve, I will update this with Pictures and more posts as we actually begin work on this project...

Last edited:

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
What do you mean by a "paintball sniper"?

If you mean a paintball gun that looks like a sniper rifle, don't bother trying to make one from scratch. You're trying to build something that shoots a plastic capsule filled with liquid, which is not easy. And your power sources are Co2 or air, which are dangerous to work with.

It would be FAR easier to buy one ready made. Unless the friends helping you are Jack Wood and Steve Monks, who build them for a living.

This is not sarcasm - it's an honest opinion from someone who has spent way too much cash on paintball guns over the years.

Reactions: Ahriman Wolf

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
There is no such propellant as O2 used in paintball. If there was we would probably burst into flames and die. I think you will find air is mostly nitrogen.

Ahriman Wolf

Feb 24, 2015
Warrington, England
Thanks for the heads up, I did consider buying a basic marker and then modifying the hell out of it but it seemed to easy, now that you've said that I will probably reconsider building from scratch...

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
There is no such propellant as O2 used in paintball. If there was we would probably burst into flames and die. I think you will find air is mostly nitrogen.
Sorry, I was distracted by helping my son with homework on Greek mythology.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
I'm taking the mick.

To the op, unless you plan on using first strike rounds which are expenSive and not all games allow them then I would abandon the idea of a sniper altogether unless you must have that look. Speedball guns are more effective in all situations including scenario. "Sniping" can be done with normal paint but it's more of a hide and ambush style of play rather than picking off targets with a single round at distance.

Reactions: Ahriman Wolf