Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buying second hand, your rights or lack thereof..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
If its a Prohibited item( ie a paintball gun) and they've opened the package for inspection , I'm guessing it hasn't gone 'missing' , it's probably in their holding area waiting for a 'lost item' claim to be made.

if it was going overseas, they may have just put it on a ferry instead of air method. RM have done this to me on a couple of occasions (markers were being sent to the USA). When this happened, all tracking details were stagnant until the recipient signed for them.

Reactions: Dannyc5799

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
Also the buying isn't the issue, lack of communication. No refund being giving for a lost parcel, I can't claim from Royal Mail as even they state there responsibility is with the sender, refunds should be instant from moment item declared as lost in post. GAMBO did send me something, Royal Mail lost it. I am entitled to a refund regardless of royal mails terms. That's his business not mine. Mine is to get my money back. Not tight bank transfer was easier and quicker. Let's end this here. End of the day. No one has own from royal mails cock up. And I AM entitled to a full refund instantly. End if thread.
1) The seller has posted the items as he said. It is not his fault that they have gone missing, and I'm not going to attempt to argue that you shouldn't get a refund or anything like that.

2) You are well aware of the fact that the buyer is in the process of dealing with the royal mail with regards the lost item, so he is attempting to resolve the situation either by way of receiving a refund to the value of the goods sent or tracking down the item in question.

3) Assuming that Dusty is correct in saying that you chose not to pay any paypal fees then as far as I'm aware you actually have no right whatsoever for a refund. You sent money through paypal using a method which is clearly shown as being a gift payment, not a purchase of goods or services. By doing so you have sacrificed any protection you had from paypal, and if you try and claim a refund through them then you will be refused it as in there eyes you didn't purchase anything.

4) The seller has already said that they will refund you, so what is the point of all of the threats of court action? Give the guy a chance to try and figure out exactly what has happened and see if there is any way the item can be tracked down.

5) The accusations towards the seller about him not refunding you immediately because he'll have "spunked the cash" already are needless and do nothing but make you look childish. Has it not maybe occurred to you that he doesn't want to refund you while there is still a good chance of the item being found, as he doesn't want to potentially end up in a situation where you end up with your hands on the marker plus your money back.

6) All that you achieve by coming on here and acting like a **** is that people get a bad opinion of you and you're more likely to be treated in a hostile fashion in future by members of this forum.

Dannyc5799

Aug 31, 2004
Colchester
1 I hope it is found and sent to me!
2 the comment about going out and spunking money before transaction is complete was advice in general.
3 , an independent lawyer @thecranster and my own company solicitors are of the conclusion.
4. If I have a refund and items do materialise I will pay up instantly and not mess anyone around.

5 members of this forum mostly are not my friends that's why I am not trusting of anyone with money.

Dannyc5799

Aug 31, 2004
Colchester
@EELZ I think you have hit the nail on the head, it was uk to uk but as it was next day before 1pm they tried to fly it. So I hope that it really is the case. I never thought I would start such a debate on here. To clear things up THIS IS SETTLED AND SORTED ALL OTHER COMMENTS ARE GENERAL COMMENTS AND DO NOT RELATE TO THE SELLER!!

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
4. If I have a refund and items do materialise I will pay up instantly and not mess anyone around.

5 members of this forum mostly are not my friends that's why I am not trusting of anyone with money.
So you're saying that you don't trust anybody on this forum with your money yet you expect the seller to trust that you'll return the marker to him if it turns up after he refunds you your money?

Double standard much?

Dannyc5799

Aug 31, 2004
Colchester
I am a managing director and I have to use solicitors to draw up contracts ect. Not that I have to explain myself. And the bomb comment was a joke about you being Irish.

Southernp8nt :- I do not have double standards, I would prefer the gun to turn up and for seller to keep the cash if it does, I have no reservations about paying for products I received. If the gun does turn up after I have a refund then the shoes in the other foot I would expect the seller to make a claim against me if I didn't pay. But as you lot out it no one has any rights now do they?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I am a managing director and I have to use solicitors to draw up contracts ect. Not that I have to explain myself. And the bomb comment was a joke about you being Irish.

Southernp8nt :- I do not have double standards, I would prefer the gun to turn up and for seller to keep the cash if it does, I have no reservations about paying for products I received. If the gun does turn up after I have a refund then the shoes in the other foot I would expect the seller to make a claim against me if I didn't pay. But as you lot out it no one has any rights now do they?
Number one, I'm not Irish I'm British and number two I don't find car bomb jokes remotely funny. My wife is ex MOD civilian admin assistant and spent a good number of years checking under the car in the mornings before driving away.

I've been within half a mile of a car bomb going off twice in my life and let me assure you there's f*ck all funny about it.

As for being an MD, so what? I can name you half a dozen on here, never mind a mate of mine who is technically the MD of 3 companies.

Reactions: Dannyc5799
Status
Not open for further replies.