Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Camera mounting positions.

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
by chance i went into my tool box and found the perfect bracket to mount my camera to my mask... it came off an old bike reflector and it took no modification apart from drilling the pins that hold the mask together (see pic) i had 2 spare ones so i still have the originals

all i want to do is put the Empire sticker back on now...

Reactions: waynethepain

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
i just ran my camera on my mask (post #12) and i found the marker & hopper was blocking a lot of the view, so i have bone the same with the other side and i will try flipping the mount so it sits higher and see what happens.

i will put up some examples soon

Apr 18, 2006
I would not use a go pro for paintball, would lean towards the Contour range myself, possibly the cheaper roam version, and they make mounts specific now i think for paint balling...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I would not use a go pro for paintball, would lean towards the Contour range myself, possibly the cheaper roam version, and they make mounts specific now i think for paint balling...
The Contour is better suited (in my opinion!)

Current models are the Roam2 and +2
Contour did to down a short while ago and close their factory, but have come back

The +2 is the 'top of the range' but the 'Roam2' has identical specifications for the items that realy matter
The differences come in with the +2 having Bluetooth (change settings and view the recording from a smartphone), a removable battery (swap to a spare for more life*)
Both have the rotatable lens, so you can make sure it is the right way up no matter how it is mounted

The roam2 is waterproof in itself (1m) the +2 is not
But both can take paintball impact without a case

Unless you want the extra features to switch settings on the fly, or to view what you are recording / have recorded (bearing in mind these will use up your battery (so you would need a spare) but these are definately useful if you are making a film as opposed to filming your activity

* with battery life I can have the Roam2 last all day if I'm switching on/off, or for a morning or an afternoon if on most of the time. I also use usb battery packs which let me recharge the camera as well as my phone etc

The point about special mounts can be a red herring. This is a big selling point of the GoPro, but with the contour having a standard screw socket in the base it opens up almost every single camera mount in the world. You have both the contour rail system and the standard camera system
Buying the branded mounts is an option, but best results are to be had by thinking beyond the manufacturers catalogue

For head mounts, such as the side of your goggles the contour system is ideal
For barrels companies are getting on the bandwagon with paintball specific barrels, but this is the staple diet of action cameras. Handle bar and roll bar mounts have been around pretty much forever

Apr 18, 2006
I definitely agree, as a family we snowboard/ski a lot here in Norway, we have 2 +2's the kids use these, ease of use is a godsend, very simple slide for on and off, i also use the BT to my oakley airwaves when with the 8 year old, means i can see what he sees in my HUD, it's awesome, but for me and the g/f it is 3 black and 3+ black, although i am going to get the 4 when released, just for drone use...

The youngest used to use a roam, but we got a free upgrade by way of sponsorship for hitting 25,000 views on one of his videos... Before they went bankrupt that was... Glad they are back, i actually have a brand new one for sale on Ebay now, bought it thinking i may have a use, but realise with everything else i have going on, just too much right now... So i put it on ebay...

Carbon

May 20, 2014
Hi all

i have finally got round to filming with my rig unfortunately it didn't hold out longer than the first round :mad: i did get some footage what i can post but im currently working on mark 2. hope this one works out better:)