Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Campaign Cup review

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
compared to the other milleniums, the campaign cup was a bit "flat" not the same buzz as at the other milleniums. I think this is down to the fact that there were less teams than normal.
As far as reffing, it seems to go very smoothly on most of the fields, but there seems to be one particular Judge in the OD fields has no understanding of how modern markers work, and soo many teams had there vanquishes or luxes taken off them before going on the field, this happened at bittburg and the judge was told that what he was doing was wrong, by the event organisers as well as numerous tech peeps, but he still persisted in doing it and that pissed a lot of people off. but one guy with a grudge didn't spoil the event for most, it was just a headache for people like me who had to constantly get the organisers to speak to this particular person.
without the Americans I don't think there would have been much of a party atmosphere, the Gezellig feel is definitely more abundant in mainland europe.
I got called over as he pulled all the Luxe's and deemed them 'illegal markers' needless to say we proved him wrong.... every gun was doing the EXACT same thing as the millennium ramping is stoopid!

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
what was the supposed issue with the luxes then?
the ramping would continue after it was 'supposed' to stop.
he would ramp the marker then pull the trigger once and either 2 or 3 shots would shoot.
this is the problem with millennium ramping... as you only have to sustain 5 pulls per second to shoot at 10.5, shots will be added somewhere in the cycle...
the rules state that if the marker is shooting at 5 pulls per trigger (once every 200ms) then the marker will ramp up to 10.5.
the ref wasn't letting the marker stop its ramp cycle before pulling the trigger again - to shoot once as its reset.
SO if you don't pull the trigger every 200ms you will not ramp. BUT he was not waiting the 200ms to pull the trigger again, thus shooting more than one shot on the pull.

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Sounds very similar to the issues we had last year with our Axes (http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/redline-millenium-ramping-issues.160386/) with the whole ramp reset thing. And unsurprisingly, I'm still using an Axe with the same settings as last year (stock Millennium mode) and having no problems at all. Although I'm dreading the day that this supposed issue resurfaces, I know how hard it was to convince refs/the community that I wasn't using some sort of rubbishy cheat mode last time!

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Some of the markers tested there were definitely either unintentionally or not set to the wrong mode. Nothing to do with gun manufacturers just user error.