Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

can a 300 bar scuba tank fill a 3000psi tank?

macannrb

Jun 16, 2008
I have a 3000psi hpa tank, and ive found a cheap 300 bar scuba tank on sale at the dive shop near me. but since its at a higher pressure then my paintball tank, i wouldnt like to try filling it if its not safe

does anyone know what the deal is on this?

cheers

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
NO, and don't be daft enough to try it.

But you could fill the 300bar tank to 3000psi/207bar and then fill your hpa tank.

vmaxnick

Not in the face!
Apr 8, 2008
West Country
www.rhino-trikes.co.uk
I have a 3000psi hpa tank, and ive found a cheap 300 bar scuba tank on sale at the dive shop near me. but since its at a higher pressure then my paintball tank, i wouldnt like to try filling it if its not safe

does anyone know what the deal is on this?

cheers
Strictly speaking, you can use the 300 bar tank as a bulk tank to fill your 207 bar paintball bottles, but, you MUST use a regulator on the bulk tank to ensure you don't fill to over 207 bar (3000psi) The dive shop may be able to advise where you can obtain such a regulator. A welding reg will not do!

I hope this advice helps :D

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
What ever you do, NEVER EVER open the tap up on the dive tank fully!!!

The fill rate will be too fast and your bottle will get too hot too quick, anything combustible that shouldn't be there anyway is far more likely to catch alight if you do and that can lead to a nasty accident, just ask Spredz07 on here if you want confirmation of how unpleasant it is when a bottle goes bad.

vmaxnick

Not in the face!
Apr 8, 2008
West Country
www.rhino-trikes.co.uk
What ever you do, NEVER EVER open the tap up on the dive tank fully!!!

The fill rate will be too fast and your bottle will get too hot too quick, anything combustible that shouldn't be there anyway is far more likely to catch alight if you do and that can lead to a nasty accident, just ask Spredz07 on here if you want confirmation of how unpleasant it is when a bottle goes bad.
Sorry my bad grammar. As above, never open valve fully as the bottle will fill way too fast. Thanks for the correction onasilverbike! :eek: