Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Can anyone talk me out of getting a mini.

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
Well, thanks for all the thought in the replies.

and to answer the million dollar question...... MINI!

bought one for not a lot from StevieT, nice chap he is too, just happened to be 3 miles from where i finished a job for the day last week so we managed a face to face.

Very impressed i am with it. yet to shoot in anger, but familiarising with it, it is growing on me quickly. First thing i did was a full strip, every screw. Taken some time to deburr passages and holes in the air system, mainly cos i'm anal about that ****, and partly to improve consistency. Deep clean, and lube. Waiting for a spares kit to arrive now to fit a new check valve and try it again.

I've got a two hoops style chrono with 60 shot string memory, so i'll do some testing with fps consistency at differing rates of fire, and post it up for general musing. Be a couple of weeks before that though.

Cheers again all.
Thats the first time I have heard of someone deburring the internals

Kudos :p

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
if you buy a mini i will point and laugh while you desperately try and get it to work before your next game.
Only if you don't know how to maintain it properly. I've never had any problems with mine, and surely if 1 works perfectly then its gotta be down to the user, rather than the design?

Maybe the people with Mini's that you've seen break should learn how to look after them.

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Only if you don't know how to maintain it properly. I've never had any problems with mine, and surely if 1 works perfectly then its gotta be down to the user, rather than the design?

Maybe the people with Mini's that you've seen break should learn how to look after them.
Yes that's exactly right, because one works it means that everyone elses is perfect it's just that they are stupid.
I once had a lada that drove perfectly, everyone else must not know how to drive!!!

I know for a fact that mine were just ****e because they were maintained by john sosta, and me thinks he may know what he's doing with minis, maybe.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Yes that's exactly right, because one works it means that everyone elses is perfect it's just that they are stupid.
I once had a lada that drove perfectly, everyone else must not know how to drive!!!

I know for a fact that mine were just ****e because they were maintained by john sosta, and me thinks he may know what he's doing with minis, maybe.
Point taken...Its just irritating when people are so quick to formulate the opinion that Mini's are sh!te, when their opinion is based upon seeing/using one of the 1st-gen versions (with blockback issues) or ones that have not been well-maintained.

True that.

As I said, I saw various mini's coughing, spluttering and generally smashing paint last weekend. Watching some guy try to get a single unbroken Marbalizer out the end of the barrel was the sum up for my thoughts of picking up a Mini.

I genuinely do not bother taking out a squegee since moving to the ego flock.

The guy even said he sent it back twice to Kee / Nps. (whatever it is they are trading under this year)

I know the issues with blowback and board faults has been sorted but I personally feel that poor manufacturing tolerances are to blame. (The poppit issue is a classic example of this.)

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
i havent fired an ego or a mini but dont you think the sturdy one would be better? i just think the mini is too small for any sort of real paintball feeling, i have a pmr and it is perfect so if you have the money try the dye matrix series they are sound hope i can help lol