Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

can i wear this in a tourny

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
ok rookie question, but what is the big deal with wearing layers? why does it matter if you do wear a hoodie or puffa jacket (other than it be a bit warm!!?)

Skeet

Platinum Member
ok rookie question, but what is the big deal with wearing layers? why does it matter if you do wear a hoodie or puffa jacket (other than it be a bit warm!!?)
The more layers you wear, the more padding you have, which means paint is more likely to bounce, rather than break.

Obviously, if one team are wearing T shirts and Jerseys and the other team are wearing t shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies and jerseys, all at once, they have a distinct advantage because paint WILL bounce off of them.

It's not fair, basically.

The Proto vests were contentious at first, but I think people realised that there is a need to protect our flesh, with the nature of the modern game, the high rates of fire and close up action.

BTW: Does anyone know, if that sleeveless top that Eclipse have just released, is their version of the Proto Vest?

WEEBLE1

Officially "SPANKING"
Jan 10, 2006
Stoke on Trent
I have the new Eclipse 'bounce vest' LOL

it works pretty well. I also have the Proto one, but its gettin a bit knackered now !!

My missus bought me the Empire Ground pounder one for Xmas, just gone, but it makes me look like an American footballer, so i wear it, for running round the woods in !!
:D

Mick_Dundee

Sep 16, 2007
Northern Ireland
What would you say is the best for speedball weeble? The eclipse, proto, or empire ground pounder bounce vests. And what i mean by that is what do you think is the best for bounces. Who needs protection these days:rolleyes:

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
I use the proto one, cos it keeps me warm and adds some slight protection, its good around the ribs cos its very bouncy ;)

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
The more layers you wear, the more padding you have, which means paint is more likely to bounce, rather than break.

Obviously, if one team are wearing T shirts and Jerseys and the other team are wearing t shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies and jerseys, all at once, they have a distinct advantage because paint WILL bounce off of them.

It's not fair, basically.
You'd better get your headshot practise in then ;)

Goggles don't have much give in them ;)