Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Carbon or Metal air bottle

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It's relatively lighter, but not realy noticable unless it's big or an ultralight

The base is rounded and not flat, thus you can roll it in your shoulder and thus move the gun more naturally

If higher pressure fills are available then you get 50% more air with a 4500psi fill

There is a vast choice of shapes and sizes. Which is the true benefit enabling you to get an ergonomic fit

A 3000psi cylinder is the best vfm
Most are also aluminium and as long as the site accepts it then the 5 year marked expiry can be ignored as Aluminiums are valid for 10 years in the UK, making it again even more vfm

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I value them on a rolling scale based on new purchase price and 2 hydro tests, making a lifetime cost of approx £200 and the value dependant on its position in its lifetime less any remaining tests.

So £200 / 15 * remaining years of life, then less £25 for every 5 years remaining
Typically they sell second hand at around £80, so if it's before half way through it's life then you're getting a good deal at £80, much nearer the end and it's worth negotiating

Specific cylinder and regulator combinations could be worth more

Note that the ultralight cylinders such as safer and fuel will cost a bit more, and have a 10 year maximum life. Expect to pay more but benefit from a true lightweight cylinder

A new aluminium cylinder will be about £30
A new fibre cylinder with regulator about £150
I would not bother with a second hand aluminium unless it was very cheap, a second hand fibre approx £80 depending on specifics

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Actual test prices vary - in the region of £40 including posting back to you (but I've not priced this for some time)

It could be as little as £15 at some places
Tests can be arranged by dive shops, but are undertaken by IDEST centres

Oct 4, 2014
Thanks for the info, I have been told there is a test place not far from my house so if I got a good price on one that's late in its life I can just go get it tested, If it works out cheaper.