Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Chairperson

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
If The Federation is still operating, and Pete has stepped down as Chair, then a new Chair needs to be elected.

Can nominations be invited to elect one of the existing board as Chair?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
When I resigned as chairman, it was felt we needed a somewhats seamless transition for our new chairman and we elected Gill Chapple from Just Paintball to be our new chairperson.
I think she'll do a fantastic job as she is a lot more organised than myself and has a much better temperament as well ...
Gill was a unanimous choice !!!

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Actually I was wondering about that myself as I thought you were still the chair until it was pointed out to me 2 days ago that you'd resigned. (I blame work getting in the way of more important things like paintball hehe) :)

Its been a bit quiet on the Federation front, any chance of getting the new Chair on here to give us some updates ? :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Actually I was wondering about that myself as I thought you were still the chair until it was pointed out to me 2 days ago that you'd resigned. (I blame work getting in the way of more important things like paintball hehe) :)

Its been a bit quiet on the Federation front, any chance of getting the new Chair on here to give us some updates ? :)
Generally speaking, Ledz will be making any necessary statements for the Fed as he's our official mouthpiece.
But I'm afraid there's not much to be said anyway seeing as we have only had one meeting so far and we have yet to arrange our second.
We discussed a few things at that first meeting but nothing earth-shatteringly important and so that's why you haven't heard much from us.

I will add a few things however that need to be said .... the Federation was put together to try and improve UK paintball; none of us stand to gain one damned thing from this other than as indirect beneficiaries a long way down the line if and when the market changes ...The truth of the matter is, the Federation has cost all of us a considerable amount of money and time ... but, we have certain people out there who seek to malign what we try to do, not for any other reason than spite or jealousy ... these people are insignificant fools.

I love it when I hear criticisms of the Fed being described as an old boy's club created to self-serve ... well, if it is, then we have been resoundingly succesful if the intent of that self-service was for us to spend a lot of money, a lot of time and effort, and for what???

Not one of us has gained one damned penny from anything we've done for the Fed, all we have achieved are bills to be paid .... I don't even wanna think about how much it has cost me personally in time and money ... still, it was my choice to get involved and so I have no room to moan.
But this is the same for all the others involved and that's why I am so proud to be part of this Fed .... we are for the most part, all like-minded individuals all wanting to help UK ball, nothing more.

The Fed stands by our sanctioning policy in that the NSPL and CPPS are both thriving and professionally run leagues that seek to push our sport forward and not their bank balances ... people tend to vote with their feet when spending their hard-earned cash and all you gotta do is look around at what's been happening with the CPPS and NSPL to appreciate the growth and evolution of what we are about .. that's not to take one damned thing away from what Chris Pelling [NSPL] or Rich Harris / Mark Carter [CPPS] are doing, they've done spectacularly well and I think they will continue to grow carrying the Fed's ethos of operation along with them.

Players and teams do not like having the pis$ taken out of them and so it comes as no surprise to see just who's flourishing and who's not.

I better shut up now or Ledz will be on the phone :)

Just Gill

Platinum Member
Hey!

Sorry I've been quiet of late! There'll be a full press release coming out with regards the Federation and our ongoing intentions for UK paintball in the next few days.

Any questions in the meantime please feel free to drop me a PM through!!

Thanks,
Gill