Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Changes I've noticed 2008 vs 2015/16

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Too often people complain about lack of development or evolution, thought it might be interesting to write down some of the differences I've noticed since returning and pros/cons (in my opinion)

*Loaders

Massive improvement in user friendliness, quick strip options are a real plus. From what I remember only a hybrid shelled halo offered anything close to this. Also far lower profile.

More choice too, used to be just halo, or vlocity.

*Markers

Ergonomic improvements and some user interface improvements. Apart from a few exceptions (lv1 etc) a spool is a spool a poppet is a poppet.

New 10.5 bps cap is boring!

Purge on offs Are good

*Air systems

How cheap are these now!

*Goggles

Fast change lenses across the board are awesome, think it was just proto and vforce profilers offering this.

Trend for smaller masks, even skinny small faces seem to have more exposure.

*Clothing packs etc

All a much of a muchness, don't see any improvements here it's all just overpriced motorcross kit. Pleased to see other brands at lower price points, sad to see proto is gone.

*Team attitudes

I've been really pleasantly surprised by the dedication I've seen from grassroot teams at training events. I recently saw two uni teams arrive early at a venue, set the field up and then spend the morning running drills. I can't imagine seeing that in 2008.

The same characters still exist though ;-)

*Events

This was the big one for me, I was really surprised how few local and smaller tournament series still existed, where's all the grass roots?

Also cpps. A uk millennium to aspire to. Not played one yet but hope to at some point.

Woodland, so glad to see the return to the woods. 2008 I reckon you could count the number of woodland events in a year on one hand. For all those unhappy with 30second matches look to the woods, different gameplay and frequently a full 6-7 minute game.

Be interested to hear other returning players views and also from people who have carried on playing through my hiatus.

A.B

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
*Events
This was the big one for me, I was really surprised how few local and smaller tournament series still existed, where's all the grass roots?
There are so many factors with this one

The U.K. Market is small, and even for those at the extreme corners of the country the main events are within weekend travel distance

There are sites around most of the country, and walkons at many of them, providing a method for the absolute beginner to move up when ready
But a supair field is pricey to get together and labour intensive to put up and take down
So it's difficult for more sites to get in on providing sup air and to consider running an event
Even just getting a field together may attract some but will only keep people coming if fields are kept up to date year on year and in line with the latest layout

Couple this with teams encouraging new players they bring those new players to the few events that already exist
Events such as cpps cater for all levels of player from breakout to the elite
So the success and work of the existing events with a small market of players around make it hard for the local sites

A team that puts in the time to constantly practice helps a local site, and it is these that get sup air into such sites - or even run their own practice fields if need be

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Agreed, keeping up with the millenium and now the wpbo bunker of the month upgrade kit. But that's where I think the direction went wrong. Spl run by syd used its own field design using existing bunkers, daves d7's used their own designs. Both were full events running at the same time. Basically I think the 'mimic' mindset is what has hurt grass roots and that's just my opinion. Players are not learning early on how to read fields/ put together a play and then adapt in an event.

I believe that's why woodland tournaments are generating such interest. Look at the 5 man woodland masters, 14 teams booked in already. Can't say those fields are millenium layout etc.

Reactions: onasilverbike