Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Chapter 1 - The Rise and Fool of UK Paintball ...

Razordave

The Turks
Oct 15, 2013
Hi Dave, I remembered the name coming from Heartbreak Ridge but I looked up the quote and it was buried in a webpage full of quotes from Full Metal Jacket but it may have been said in both movies, I'll have to check it out.

Dave, I found it.

Quote from Full Metal Jacket :-
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: You little scumbag! I got your name! I got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers. I will teach you! Now get up! Get on your feet! You had best unfuhk yourself or I will unscrew your head and sh!t down your neck!

Ok i give up memory must be going but sure it was in the entrance to the barracks, when they stand up to Eastwood, in fact i am certain :) gonna download the film and look ;)

Chapter 2 is getting edited now ...

tiza5ive

MH3 lives on
Dec 4, 2001
Wales (Near Sheepville)
don't forget the references to Sunday TV watching post tourney/Sunday training ie Bullseye etc and of course your first venture onto the small screen in El Dorado ..... ;)

Reactions: H

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Great article Pete... A lot of the comments brought back memories of the glory days. :)
Hi Dicky,
is the guy who was playing on Matt's team - if not apologies?

tiza5ive: Hi, I remember that Marcus Tandy guy [real name - Jesse Birdsell] - all the time he was on TV, it was a fun few months for me to say the least.
But your reference to 'Sunday TV watching post tourney/Sunday training ie Bullseye etc', I can't remember anything about that, please let me know coz my memory is crap.

Last edited:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I just looked at the viewing figures for this thread and it's the highest number of views there has ever been on p8nt in the period of two days, 1,111 views.
I'm not looking for any credit, the only reason I mention this is because I genuinely didn't believe a lot of the ballers now would be interested in a post this long or the subject matter.
It has restored my wailing faith in our sport to think we got ballers out there who might not have been around back then but wish to read things about our sport's heritage.
I've been proved wrong but in this case, I don't mind that at all.
Thanks for everybody's comments ... they are appreciated !!

I promise to get chapter 2 edited and posted some time today - thanks again guys !!
By the way - thanks to Jim, thanks to Dave - they know what for!

Dicky Morris

Dec 19, 2013
Hi Dicky,
is the guy who was playing on Matt's team - if not apologies?

tiza5ive: Hi, I remember that Marcus Tandy guy [real name - Jesse Birdsell] - all the time he was on TV, it was a fun few months for me to say the least.
But your reference to 'Sunday TV watching post tourney/Sunday training ie Bullseye etc', I can't remember anything about that, please let me know coz my memory is crap.

I can't believe you have forgotten about me already Pete. No you were thinking of Dicky who used to play for BC and has moved to the US now. I was in Shades and ShortTimers…. that should kick start the memory banks :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Dicky, yes, my memory is awful, I remembered your name OK but not your identity, the 'Dicky' I thought played with Matt's team wasn't the one you suggested, this was another one altogether .. too many Dickys it seems.