Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Chapter 5 - Addendum

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Loving the changing names, No one would ever guess who big Dick oops sorry Rick was :)
My funniest well not funny but, hell it was the 90's so yeah it was funny. big err Rick moment was at mayhem, when a certain someone who's name has been changed (Idiot2) to protect the innocent owed some other people who may have been in a team that sounded like MWC ,, after the tournament had finished Big Rick punched the eagle player once and we were astounded that this eagle wasn't flat on the floor, I heard people saying, I thought Big Rick was meant to be hard, it then turned out later that the players jaw was shattered in about a billion places,
I also watched the hyperball video a while ago and was astounded to see Marcus from El Dorado had stolen your name in a weak attempt to get some broadcasting work Pete. Did you sue?
The guy who got hit on that occasion was standing there in front of Rick prodding Rick in the chest and mouthing off - he did go down but as you say, he wasn't knocked out but suffered fractures to his jaw bone unfortunately.
He ended up in hospital for a few days I think but you can't go around poking people in the chest and gobbing off, sooner or later, something's gonna happen, and it did.
By the way, I have had to modify your post somewhat for obvious reasons, you'll see what I've done easily enough.
As for El-Dorado?
For those few months it was on TV, I found out what it was like to be a TV celebrity, it was fun while it lasted, even if it was as a doppelganger :)

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Time ravages all but it's all the more tragic when it ravages yourself .... but I find the alternative to growing older is a lot less attractive :)
How come NWC wasnt featured in that hyperball video? Had you guys retired by then or was it that you'd changed names?

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Pete had long left NWC, he'd formed shockwave I believe a few years earlier and was playing with aftershock at that time too.
That was the 2nd hyperball event as the Preds won the first one in '96, but being a WDP event there was virtually no footage of anyone other than Banzai, so we had to watch it at 4 o'clock in the morning on world wide sports on channet 4.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Steve - all correct !!!
I remember someone sticking Ashley on his ass at that event ... or was it the previous one?
My memory of such things withers over time I'm afraid .... thankfully.

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Steve - all correct !!!
I remember someone sticking Ashley on his ass at that event ... or was it the previous one?
My memory of such things withers over time I'm afraid .... thankfully.
It was the previous one I think, because of what happened at the world cup in Orlando.
Lumpy hit him with a chair in Orlando and I got the blame for it and was banned for the next year, and I was just sat watching it all happen from 10 feet away, like you could ever mistake me for Lumpy.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Nah, this incident was definitely at Hyperball and nothing to do with what happened in Orlando - Ashley was a snide-ball scumbag because we had just played them [Shockwave v NWC] and as we were coming off the field, I discharged my marker into the floor to clean the barrel out ... Ashley went straight to a judge and grassed me up and we got penalty pointed such that we couldn't then qualify for the finals.
It was a peculiar rule that stated you couldn't discharge your marker after the end game was signalled.
The worst part of it, he [Ashley] didn't gain anything from it because NWC were already out, he just did it out of spite - I wasn't amused !
And nor was he when he got hit and sat on his ass with little blue-birds circling his head going 'tweet tweet' ...
I'd forgotten about that incident until all this Hyperball talk got going ... I better put another chalk-mark on my list that's entitled, 'cleaning out all the sh!t' from paintbll ... my last gesture will be me sweeping myself into the gutter .....

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Nah, this incident was definitely at Hyperball and nothing to do with what happened in Orlando - Ashley was a snide-ball scumbag because we had just played them [Shockwave v NWC] and as we were coming off the field, I discharged my marker into the floor to clean the barrel out ... Ashley went straight to a judge and grassed me up and we got penalty pointed such that we couldn't then qualify for the finals.
It was a peculiar rule that stated you couldn't discharge your marker after the end game was signalled.
The worst part of it, he [Ashley] didn't gain anything from it because NWC were already out, he just did it out of spite - I wasn't amused !
And nor was he when he got hit and sat on his ass with little blue-birds circling his head going 'tweet tweet' ...
Then he must have been decked two years on the trot at hyperball, I guess it could happen to someone like ash, because Lumpy definitely whacked him because of his **** stirring once again, '96 was my last world cup, so it had to be that year, If he got hit the 2nd year too at hyperball, then I can think of no more deserving person.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
As you say, he wasn't the sort of man who endeared himself to people; I often wondered how people like him survived because it's all well and good being a snide-ball who likes to talk shlt and stir things but if push comes to shove, you better be able to defend yourself because there will inevitably be consequences, I wasn't aware Dave had hit him as well, good for Dave.
I also agree with your comment re Ashley being deserving of such treatment - he was just one of those guys, I can think of another deserving soul but I'm saving him till the last chapter ..... I think I might entitle it on similar lines to the bible whereby the final chapter is called 'Revelation' ... And this guy most definitely has the triple 6 on his head somewhere .... :(

Last edited:

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
yeah ash was a twat. I'd forgotten about him.

Some of the teams in '96 didn't agree not to wear Camo, and as such they didn't get to play the Hyperball field. I think NWC were one of those teams. There were others though. I remember NWC were particularly unhappy about it.