Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Chapter 5 - Addendum

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I saw my brother last night at a family do and asked him about it and there was a bit of trouble during that game.
When the Yank teams did come over, they used to get a little shirty if they lost or drew a game against, what they deemed to be a 'lesser' team ... they got used to it eventually :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Come to think of it Ad, I think Phil Webb may have been involved in that punch-up, he was never a guy to steer clear of a row if it kicked off - I had a couple of 'disagreements' with him but I'm pleased to say we're on friendly terms now.
I think age has something to do with a less confrontational approach to solving on-field problems.
:)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
i remember going to a tournament in the woods somewhere around that time, and the preds were there and i saw Dave Stuart walking down the path between fields, and as he approached i turned and said "nice gun, are you a Predator" to which he simply told me to "fack off" :) which was pleasant!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ad, Dave wasn't really known for his ambassadorial duties and was a law unto himself - he's out of paintball now and I don't see anything of him .... he was a character, no doubt !!

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Ad, Dave wasn't really known for his ambassadorial duties and was a law unto himself - he's out of paintball now and I don't see anything of him .... he was a character, no doubt !!
well, that's one way of putting it! :) I don't have as much history as you, but I do have a few tales from those days, like the Dave Stuart thing.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
So for everyone who wanted the documentary I think I found it.

I met Dave Stuart at one of his Dartford events I marshaled around 2003/4

The field I was working on almost didn't get paid because we slowed the whole day down.

The problem was the bunkers kept deflating after each match, even during the match peoples bunkers and cover were disappearing.

It got explained, and all was good but I would not have wanted to get in a shouting match about getting paid.

Pete, great write ups. It is amazing to read the colourful history.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Tom, I've been advised/ordered/encouraged by some of the mods to post about the Nexus years and what went on.
I'd finished it months ago but maybe some people are curious as to what went on behind the scenes and so I'll finish off the edit and send it to the mods in question, if they give it the green light then I'll post it.
If anybody thinks it will be a whitewash or a skewing of the truth, think again, i will write the truth, for better or for worse.

Chris Winter

May 16, 2014
Mr Robinson...
These history of Paintball write ups are quite excellent. I always remember picking up my copy of P.G.I from WHSmiths and reading your articles.
If you dont mind me saying, Although you guys had a presence and a reputation (whether deserved or undeserved i dont care) I always found you guys quite agreeable if I bumped into any of you.
I will admit to hanging around with Ashley (bonafide C**T) and worked in his paintball shops for a while. Although he was my fiend, he really would test it from time to time by being a complete f*cking dickhead.
It was pretty neat to see you guys and the Preds get all worked up over games but i remember as it being very intense moments in sport.
I was a member of 'Fly Fishing by JR Hartley' and went on to play for the Ditch Dogs in the early 90's. Going on to win Mayhem YG in 94.

The best times of my life were in the periods you've written about. As with all recollections I sometimes romanticise it a little..But nevertheless your articulate write ups then and now are still well received. and serve as a cracking reminder.