Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

cheating?

Mr Big

and his big purple helmet
Jul 3, 2001
In a big shoe
www.p8ntballer.com
Do you consider it cheating to select and wear clothes that encourage bounces, or is it simply good tactics? In my early days my team guru told me to pull my shirt as far out of my pack as poss so it was really loose and baggy and would offer no hard surface for the balls to break on. I did it, but I still just got shot on the goggles every time. Anyway, I've strayed from the point. whaddaya think?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I don't think it's cheating.
Offensive linemen in American Football wear tight ass jerseys, so the defense can not easily pull them out of the way. Same sort of thing. In any sports the clothes that are worn by the participants are designed to give a little edge, no matter how small.

Next thing you know, they'll make us wear those sandwich boards (you know, the eat at joe's things) to make it easier to hit people......:D

Manning26

Wearing your jersey baggy is one thing, but wearing poofy winter coats is another. I think the Michelin man look should be out of tourneys. Whaddya' think? I just remembered, we used to have a lot of fella's 'round here who cut their jerseys up the sides and untucked the fronts. When they leaned forward the balls just rolled off their chests, of course the rest of their body was there for a solid hit, but it was still a slight advantage, especially for the guys on their back line.:mad:

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
I want to find somewhere I can get baggy clothing. EVERYTHING fits me tight becasue I'm tall, and large. So when I see these small pukes running around in a jersey that looks like a tent, I get envious.

Ban baggy clothing, make EVERYONE have my problem. Then again, if we got skin tight stuff that's not good either. I wouldn't wanna see Rennick Miller in a spandex-like jersey. ((cringe))

-Tyger

Manning26

Does anyone know if there's something in the NPPL rules against it? I do believe the old NAAPSA rules referred to it, or I could be confused with the rule against jerseys which make it hard to identify a hit, like Hawaiin shirt patterns and such. I'm easily confused:( .

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Hey Tyger,

I'm sure you know, but JT makes some pretty large stuff. I mean, I'm a former defensive tackle, and they make some gear that's even baggy on me. Although I must admit that there's no jersey in the world that'll be really baggy on me. The JT XXL jerseys have plenty of room for me, but they're not baggy, especially around the arms (mine are particularly tight around the lower arms, but that just shows off the muscles better for the girls :D )

Hey, if all else fails, I guess I could always wear a sup'air bunker.....

hadji

Jul 13, 2001
Corona CA
Visit site
Originally posted by Manning26
Does anyone know if there's something in the NPPL rules against it? I do believe the old NAAPSA rules referred to it, or I could be confused with the rule against jerseys which make it hard to identify a hit, like Hawaiin shirt patterns and such. I'm easily confused:( .
yes there is a rule that you cant wear more then two layers of clothing.