Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Choosing my First Marker??!

Startender

Apr 2, 2017
Hey all, looking to get into the sport. Ive done a little research here and there (mainly on youtube and asking some friends who play now and then) on what marker I should buy. I live in Manchester so i was leaning towards an Eclipse Marker since I believe the store is based here?

Also an Invert mini GS, an Axe or maybe even dye but ive heard maintaining those can be more tricky

Basically for my first marker im looking for something thats not going to break the bank but also is reliable and easy to maintain (if thats possible)

Any thoughts guys?

Startender

Apr 2, 2017
The ehta 2 ive heard good things, isnt a Geo a spool though? Aren't they harder to maintain? Sorry man ive got so many questions haha

Trolley

Oct 22, 2008
Northampton
Both spool, both very easy to maintain. With the Geo 3.5 you're getting a £1300 worth of marker for around the 400-500 Mark as it's a few years old.

Reactions: Startender

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hey all, looking to get into the sport. Ive done a little research here and there (mainly on youtube and asking some friends who play now and then) on what marker I should buy. I live in Manchester so i was leaning towards an Eclipse Marker since I believe the store is based here?

Also an Invert mini GS, an Axe or maybe even dye but ive heard maintaining those can be more tricky

Basically for my first marker im looking for something thats not going to break the bank but also is reliable and easy to maintain (if thats possible)

Any thoughts guys?
Yes, they are Manchester based
I don't know if you can pop in, but it would be useful for them to be local
There are no true 'retail' shops for paintball, any shops are a warehouse / office front end, and the main retailers attend large events with their retail & tech stalls

Eclipse are to be highly recommended for their support and it means you're buying British

http://planeteclipse.com/site/contact/

Reactions: Startender

Startender

Apr 2, 2017
The Geo does look pretty sick, but i dont want to invest to much, maybe around 150-250 for my first marker, thanks for the feedback though, Trolley lad!

Tom, yeah im probably going to buy eclipse. I remember them having a shop front but this was years ago haha. But ive heard theyre always present at events for tech support and what not. So i could always talk to someone there

Reactions: Tom

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Eclipse aftersales is the best in Europe - they serviced my 07ego and 08 Sl8r at the Mills last year, FOC!

For sub £250, I'd look at an earliyish Geo, or Etek3-4 personally. That said, Ego 10s come up in that bracket sometimes too - once you have enough posts, pop up a wanted ad and see what people offer?

Reactions: Trolley

Stefan Busby

May 18, 2017
I picked up an Ego 08 for 150 and in great condition and fully serviced. I had a Proto SLG 09 when I first started and that was also easy to maintain and reliable. They might be even cheaper.

Zackie Tran

May 18, 2017
it's depend on your playing style and budget. if u prefer something light, speed ball style then maybe the gog enemy, bt a5, etc.. if u prefer something look more realistic then TMC. have a look on them.