Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Coaching Rules

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Interesting problem...

We were playing SPL recently, and I was coaching from the sidelines - the other team lost track of our players and didn't realise we were all out, so I kept coaching an imaginary player, half hoping we might salvage the draw if they delayed on hitting the buzzer.. ;)
After the game, I was given a warning by the marshal. Was I in the wrong?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Well theres meant to be no direct coaching now, just calling out positions g count etc. So as long as thats all you were doing it shouldve been fine. If you were directing a player on where to move or something (imaginary or not) that would be against the rules imo

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
Well theres meant to be no direct coaching now, just calling out positions g count etc. So as long as thats all you were doing it shouldve been fine. If you were directing a player on where to move or something (imaginary or not) that would be against the rules imo
Really? News to me.

I've never seen anything in the rulebook nor heard at any event that "counter-coaching" is not allowed. Counter-coaching is annoying as a player and unsporting but there is no rule against it. And I wouldn't consider coaching an imaginary player as counter-coaching anyway, it's up to the other team/coach to maintain an accuate G-count.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It's up to the other team/coach to maintain an accuate G-count.
Like when I attended my first tournament (I've seen 2 now) at CPPS round 1 on the Sunday - in a 5 a side game a team fielded only 4 players, which generated excitement from the side lines:

"There's only 4 of them, 2 on the left, 2 on the right ..... and 2 in the middle"

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Counter coaching.

TBH, it was a fair enough call as we were a bit cheeky, just thought it was an interesting debate.
I dont think there is anything wrong with it... ill often shout over another teams coach...

As you can only coach on the spectator side, any number of people could be seen as counter coaching..

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I`ve been doing it for the last few Years, shouting giving impressions that a player is going to run the player down when there`s nobody there, then got the other Teams coach having a go at me to which I shrug it off and say to them " well if your going to have a Coach You should get the Team to home in on that persons voice as the Public can also shout whatever they like " So If your player is listening to MY voice and getting it wrong .. Then tough Luck !!
Train More !!!
even if there was No Coaching, there can be members of the public shouting, So I take off my Jersey and put a Jacket on then shout till my hearts content.

Reactions: Kevin Winter