Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cocker not cocking...grrrr

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
To give this clarity.
To answer your question.The pneumatics are not cycling at all currently to recock the hammer.

If i manually pull back the cocking rod by pulling back the back block,the hammer sear pin is catching the sear and if i drop the hammer by depressing the trigger the marker will go bang.But the fun ends there..
Cool that's what I originally thought you meant hence my confusion over the IVG advice.

When you get a new battery (and if you think the E1 is a hog...try an E2!) unplug your sear solenoid and try firing the gun without gas. You should be able to hear the front solenoid...just. I can hear the solenoid activate in my MQ2 cocker so it shouldn't be a problem. If you leave the big sear solenoid in then it's more difficult as it drowns it out.

other than that the only thing I can think is your LPR is faulty and not suplying the air to the noid or they're all fine and the ram is bust but I can't see that. Try disconnecting the air lines and seing if the inlet line to the noid is passing air through it, (scratch the LPR fault off the list then) if it is it may be a solenoid problem and then you're on your own:p

It's took me since the first introduction of the autococker to now to actually take one totally apart, love theory hated practicals (I'm a don't tinker with cockers unless they're broke kinda guy)

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
Nice one,was trying to check the 3 way noid earlier and wasnt sure if it was the noid working or the reverb from the pancake noid up the cocker body,never occured to me to disconnect the pancake DUH oh dear *slaps forehead* heheheh nice one:)

I'l grab a 9V in the morning,i'm off tomorrow so i can tinker.

I'm with you on the "dont fix it if it aint broke" school of thought when it comes to our beloved Autocockers. My main marker is an Belsales Evo X with the mech turbo trigger,there is NO WAY i'd ever dream about goin to mess with that inside,once its dialed in,its dialed in man.

On the plus side i'm rapidly learning how one works!

Thanks to all posters for the crash course in troubleshooting an E blade,i'l post up after i've tried all the checks and adjustments you've advised.

Many thanks
Chris

Cube

May 4, 2002
Warrington
Thanks to all posters for the crash course in troubleshooting an E blade,i'l post up after i've tried all the checks and adjustments you've advised.

Many thanks
Chris
another daft thought that's just wandered in from my unconcious mind (helps being sleepy) have you checked the settings on the board. Could be that they're on an odd custom setup that doesn't work. Takes but a few seconds to switch to good old factory fast.

Of course after all this it's going to be that the battery wasn't powerful enough to activate the solenoids and that's what was wrong all along and as soon as you put a new Duracell in it will be fine:rolleyes:

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
Man we cocker owners are nightowls! 2am and still thinking techy stuff.Quality:) Everyone knows sleep gives you cancer anyway;):D

Just a quickie,i keep reading about "factory fast" on forums.Is this an E1 available setting?

When i flick thru the menu and go to "mode" there are only two available options.

"classic" and "semi".I guess the jist of your post is put into a factory preset.Its funny you should mention that because when i first got it and put a battery in it,i was messing with the trigger and it was only firing the pancake solenoid every 2 or 3 trigger pulls,i got some settings from the net for an E2 blade and programmed em in...ahaaaa.I have messed with forces i did not fully understand.

Well,i've got lots of options before i give up and send it to the doctors.
I'l update later.

Cheers:)
Chris

Cube

May 4, 2002
Warrington
Man we cocker owners are nightowls! 2am and still thinking techy stuff.Quality:) Everyone knows sleep gives you cancer anyway;):D

Just a quickie,i keep reading about "factory fast" on forums.Is this an E1 available setting?

When i flick thru the menu and go to "mode" there are only two available options.

"classic" and "semi".I guess the jist of your post is put into a factory preset.Its funny you should mention that because when i first got it and put a battery in it,i was messing with the trigger and it was only firing the pancake solenoid every 2 or 3 trigger pulls,i got some settings from the net for an E2 blade and programmed em in...ahaaaa.I have messed with forces i did not fully understand.

Well,i've got lots of options before i give up and send it to the doctors.
I'l update later.

Cheers:)
Chris
Can't remember if it is an E1 setting though you can download the E1 manual from Planet

http://www.planeteclipse.com/folders/Downloads/Manuals/EbladeVol1.pdf

Also if your solenoid is toast go look here

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=115541

s1im has one in his sale, saves an import from the US

just a thought

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
Awesome once again thanks for all the help,starting to get a handle on this E blade business thanks to all of your input.legendary:)

Well havent completed the adjustments yet as the rugrats are home from school,will do the adjusting later on this evening,however i disconnected the Pancake noid and was delighted to hear the 3 way noid clicking away! So thats eliminated..phew,that would've bummed me out severely.

Got about a 1000psi left in me bottle,hopefully that'l be enough to finish off what i started.

Nice one for the links,found a place to buy SMC replacement noids for £23 across the pond,think i might grab a couple as spares..

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
Ok...
Good news! after following your collective advice the lil blighter is now cycling!!!! Thankyou so much i'm stoked:)

On to the next tweak....lol,sorry.

The cocker is cycling now but its like its sticking very breifly with the back block back and the bolt open for a half second then returning at full speed and cycling again.

Board settings?

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Eyes are on or the bolt delay is way high.. if youve put it to factory S M F then itll be the eyes are on if theres no paint in there ?

Cube

May 4, 2002
Warrington
Ok...
Good news! after following your collective advice the lil blighter is now cycling!!!! Thankyou so much i'm stoked:)

Board settings?
Yay another gem brought back to life

As to the new problem, possibly board settings but let's do the obvious one

Are the eyes active?

Hold down the top button when it's on until it says "eye off" then try firing it:D

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
By JOVE SHE'S ALIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!! *dances jig*

Went back to the manual and yes i had the eyes on,switched em off and put it in factory M,fired it whilst tweaking the HPR grub out from full off until it started to cycle and man,relatively speaking to my mech,she rips now:D:D:D

I'm so stoked! I had visions of sourcing this and replacing that but it's all good now.

Your guidance and suggestions are VERY much appreciated.I'm a mature student doing a technical degree and i felt like a blinking greehorn..lol,very humbling.
Thankyou for your time and patience and your willingness to share your knowledge,i feel a alot more confident about setting up,using and maintaining the E blade now.

Awesome:) I owe you guys a pint or two man:D

A massive cheesy grin cheers:D
Chris