Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

cocker not cocking

Steve (NPG COWS)

moo power
Jul 6, 2001
Plymouth, UK
www.splat-uk.com
one of the guys on my team has a problem with his '96 evo cocker. when you pull the cocking rod it does not cock, just springs back in. the gun is coughing and splutting like robbo when he gets out of bed!
any suggestions as to what is wrong B4 i pull it to bits?

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
Sear Lug needs lowering....

Well as was said before you need to lower the sear lug, to do it there will either be a hole in the top of the body for an allen key to fit down or you'll need take the grip frame off.

When lowering it you'll have make sure that you time it correctly so that the sear releases the lug about halfway into the pull and then cocks.........

Minnow

Jul 7, 2001
Guernsey CI
Alternatively set the lug to a height that fires at the time in the trigger pull that you like and then time it using the adjuster on the 3-way timming rod.

Minnow

Ghost

Aug 5, 2001
Ohio
Careful with the sear lug. When I was a newb with 'cockers I just about ran the thing out of the gun. :D

vantrepes

The voices say I'm normal
Jul 28, 2001
Ontario, NY
moodypaintball.site88.net
If you adjust the lug, and that doesn't help, make sure the sear spring is strong enough to catch the hammer. If it's too weak, it will skip over the sear. This is a common side effect of a trigger job done poorly.