Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Collective opinions on which mask and why

TNT_UK

TNT_UK
Apr 18, 2015
I have only recently got into paintball and I play in a RAP4 Hawkeye Mask.

It is really designed for use with Mil Sim/Scenario markets in mind, as the front of the mask is quite close to your face, and is designed to be flexible, so it will distort to allow a player to look down an iron site on a mil sim /scenario marker. I have found it to be light, comfortable and easy to wear when running around a paintball field. I took a couple of paintball hits to the face, a couple of week ago with no issues. Getting the lense out of the marker can be a bit of a faff the first time, that said there is a good on-line tutorial on how to change the lense and if you follow the instructions and use some common sense all will be fine.

All said and done I would recommend it.

Yazmin1990

Sep 21, 2014
I have recently got the virtue vios. I love them! So comfy and look good . Evan convinced the other half to get some lol.

Caed

Jul 6, 2012
I have just got an I4 to replace my Sly profit.
Just could not stop the Sly fogging up no matter what the conditions! Hung onto it for ages because I love the way it looks and fits but had to give in.

My new i4 just isn't the same quality, my chin hangs out of the bottom and I don't think it looks as good but finally I can see what i'm doing!

I have a small face and I think the main problem with the Sly was it not fitting around my nose. Always try masks on in the shop, or better still borrow a mates on the field before you part with your cash, advice I wish I had followed the first time round!

Aug 18, 2015
i use an empire events mask and really enjoy using it, very comfortable, nice to breath in and can be found used for not too much

topgun

May 8, 2003
I always wore jt pro flex but looking at coming back I would like to try something different. Dye is the obvious choice but are events still good. I remember when they brought out the white ones and every one went ape over them.

Eds_Dead

Ed Interi
Jun 7, 2014
Merseyside
My first mask was a set of digicam invert avatars. They were quite comfy and did the job well but got a little hot. My second and current mask is hybrid mask- JT Proflex frames/lens, Dye i3 soft ears, KM strap, eflex skull bottoms. Definitely the most breathable/comfy mask and doesnt fog or get hot. The i3 ears have also caught quite a few bounces which is good.

JamesWB

For those few short minutes, nothing else matters.
Oct 1, 2015
Forest hill
I've seen a lot of good things about the Jt proflexs, and I thought I would add that I love them too as they are so light and breathable ! Also they work fine if you wear glasses like me !

JamesWB

For those few short minutes, nothing else matters.
Oct 1, 2015
Forest hill
I wear glasses and have a large head, I play woodsball walkons so aren't bothered about promoting bounces, more into protection.

I like JT frames for wearing over glasses and my all time favourite mask is a JT Proteus II, which I don't think you can find new anymore, I always use the peak.
The proteus mask looks sick ! It's almost like something outta the Halo video game lol ! But I'm quite sceptical about those sound reflector things on the ear pieces do they work ?